Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 07:39 AM   #121
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Amazon is showing the 2014 Fire HD 7" tablet on sale for $40 off.
The 8 GB is $99 and the 16 GB is $119
Old 06-16-2015, 07:50 PM   #122
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Amazon Fire Phone is back down to $179. Comes with a year of Prime. Details here.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:39 PM   #123
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
For Aussies there's a 20% ebay sale today at selected retailers the new Kindle Paperwhite High Resolution 300PPI Display WiFi including delivery comes down to $166.15 supplied by Dick Smith
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261941833661
Add the item to your cart and then use the code C20EXTRA.

Can be applied to other kindle models from Dick Smith too
Old 06-28-2015, 04:42 PM   #124
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Newegg Flash is offering a refurbished red Sony PRS-300 ereader for $19.99, with free shipping. The deal is good for a week -- it expires Saturday, July 5.

<HERE>
Old 06-29-2015, 03:16 PM   #125
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free hidden object adventure game app until July 6th, courtesy of distributor G5 Games:

Dark Arcana: The Carnival by Polish game designer Artifex Mundi is a detective-thwarting-evil-kidnapper point-and-click game with strong horror and minor f/m romance elements in it, set at a carnival that becomes a creepy twisted clown-themed version of itself Because Reasons.

I've personally played this in the past (having acquired it from a previous gaming bundle) and can give it a firm recommendation for having a strong storyline and decent puzzle-solving stuff in it, and gorgeously designed twisted carnival re-envisioning artwork, though it may perhaps not be appropriate for the coulrophobes in the audience.

For the international Gentle Players in the audience, it's available with subtitles and interface in multiple languages including Japanese, Russian, and Korean.

Free for the next week to celebrate the US's upcoming Independence Day holiday @ Amazon, iTunes regular for iPhone & HD for iPad, Google Play, and the Mac App Store (available worldwide; G5 only has distribution rights for those platforms, the game is otherwise available on Steam and Blackberry and directly via the publisher for Windows, but not free).

NB: some platforms may not have price-dropped yet, and please make sure you are getting the version listed as "Full", rather than the regular freebie demo version which unlocks with in-store purchase.

Here's some linkage to the G5 Facebook announcement, and the game designer's webpage where you can see screenshots and the trailer and the storyline, etc.

Last edited by ATDrake; 06-29-2015 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Geo-restrictions, or lack thereof. Also, the holiday, not the movie.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:39 PM   #126
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Google's giving away the animated movie All Creatures Big and Small in the US.
Quote:
Available on Google Play before theaters.

Featuring the voices of Martin Sheen and Amy Grant, comes the untold story of Noah’s Ark. Get ready for an epic adventure with Nestrians Dave and Finny, a clumsy species who attempt to sneak onto the Ark but accidentally get left behind!
The UK is getting Tom and Jerry: The Fast and the Furry free instead. (Link may not work, as I'm not in the UK and can't check it properly. Just search for the title if it doesn't work.)
Quote:
Tom and Jerry enter the "Super Race," an extreme reality show in which the contestants compete in an all-terrain car race around the world, to win the grand prize of an ultra dream mansion! They compete against a hot rod Granny and her unusual dog, a super genius who has tough luck, a soccer mom with a tricked out mini-van, and many other crazy characters. The fun and chase is on, as cat and mouse topple the Eiffel Tower, crack the Great Wall of China and re-face Mount Rushmore as they battle for the ultimate prize!
Personally I think I'd rather have had the Tom and Jerry movie. Still, free is free, so I'm not complaining.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:43 PM   #127
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kobo's US site is advertising a free shipping offer on Kobo devices for the US holiday directly on the front store page.

I couldn't see the terms of the deal, since it redirected to one of those country-specific pages that checks your IP, but the banner seemed to indicate it was good throughout the weekend.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:55 PM   #128
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Kobo's US site is advertising a free shipping offer on Kobo devices for the US holiday directly on the front store page.

I couldn't see the terms of the deal, since it redirected to one of those country-specific pages that checks your IP, but the banner seemed to indicate it was good throughout the weekend.
Even in the US it does that, and the page it redirects to has no mention of the deal or any info on the terms of it. If you're wanting to take advantage of it, make sure the deal is still listed on the front of the site first!
Old 07-04-2015, 12:12 AM   #129
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Don't forget too that perkopolis will give you a discount when buying a reader at Kobo.
Old 07-05-2015, 04:39 PM   #130
ATDrake
Wizzard

Free for today only (July 5th) from NOOK Video @ B&N:

Episode 1 of the Outlander series based on Diana Gabaldon's popular time travel romantic fantasy, details in the NOOK official blogpost. Apparently you can watch NOOK Video online in your browser if you don't have a device, although YMMV as I've never bothered to try.

ETA: apparently browser-watching is another one of those things that died with the old site. But you can use their video app on various Android & iDevices.

Last edited by ATDrake; 07-05-2015 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Valid for this month, not last, oops.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:20 AM   #131
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
The Fire Phone is now $159.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OC0USA6/...phone_unlocked

The timing on this for a non-Prime member who'd like access to the sale next week might be the tipping point; it reduces the effective cost of the phone to $59.

Last edited by issybird; 07-08-2015 at 05:49 AM.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:43 AM   #132
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
The Fire Phone is now $159.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OC0USA6/...phone_unlocked

The timing on this for a non-Prime member who'd like access to the sale next week might be the tipping point; it reduces the effective cost of the phone to $59.
Hmmm. Paying $99 a year for Prime is a no-brainier for me. I don't care about the free shipping really, but the streaming and other benefits are worth $99 easily. So do I want to pay $60 for another gadget that I may never use? I guess a backup smartphone is worth something? And perhaps I'll carry it around as my audible-only device, freeing up a few gigs on my current devices.

But with my luck, Prime renewals will be in sale on the upcoming Prime Day; and this phone will never get used.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:04 AM   #133
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wow. That is the lowest price ever. I'm seriously tempted.

FYI it's a deal of the day price, so today only.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:07 AM   #134
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Puts on repeat: : I do not need a fire phone I do not need a fire phone

Are they only selling a certain number of these devices? I'm a little scared to click the link to see for myself.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:21 AM   #135
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Puts on repeat: : I do not need a fire phone I do not need a fire phone

Are they only selling a certain number of these devices? I'm a little scared to click the link to see for myself.
I hear you....it is an awesome mini-tablet and a GREAT camera/video cam. I am trying to resist but don't know if I can hold out. I have 2 teens and an almost teen...this is orders of magnitude better than the phones the 2 teens have. But no Google Play. But I already have an extra case. But they already have tablets. But $59???

I'm afraid it's a losing battle....but I'll decide when I get home from the store.
Closed Thread