Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-01-2015, 06:08 AM   #16
chaot
Head of lunatic asylum
chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.

Device: Tolino Vision 3HD
1 to 0 for you! (or Kovid Goyal)
To be honest: The optics in the manual and current status are identical. This pleases us.
It is my impatience and the sheer amount of new that makes me sometimes react so harshly.

BOT
Indisputable it's missing there a image for optimum orientation. That would also favors brand recognition.

Fröhliche Ostern!

Last edited by chaot; 04-01-2015 at 06:10 AM.
chaot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 02:44 PM   #17
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I suppose a screenshot could help there.

Apology accepted and I understand that trying to communicate and learn about something in a non-native language can be frustrating.
A picture is indeed worth a thousand words.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:00 AM   #18
chaot
Head of lunatic asylum
chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.

Strictly speaking there are 2 images. That is to observe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Character match version.png
Views:	199
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	137059
Character match version

Name:	Regular Expression version.png
Views:	187
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	137060
Regular Expression version

The really very first what strikes me is the missing point (marked) in version Character match.

Some say now: He's probably crazy. Error!

The missing point could very well mean something. Namely that the screen must be maximized to see the full description - or somehow that something is missing.

Last edited by chaot; 04-13-2015 at 06:36 AM. Reason: add or somehow that something is missing
Old 04-13-2015, 02:05 PM   #19
chaot
Head of lunatic asylum

I show a kind of summary and add a final consideration.

To comment on the images other experts are called possibly more.

Name:	Testruns (as practiced in the thread).png
Views:	168
Size:	170.8 KB
ID:	137210
Test runs (as practiced in the thread)

Name:	Regexes (add something to titles).png
Views:	168
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	137211
Atf→Append to field
Rf→Replace field
Sr→Split result (c→crossed / unc→uncrossed)

Summary table (Test text & Test result entries in Your test: and Book 1: etc. rows with different regex values)

Test result entries of Book 1: etc. rows are the final (new) titles (tested, without being shown here). Makes sense!

Not making sense and IMO illogical is that in Your test: row depending of the regex values the corresponding final results once is Test result entry alone - in other cases these are the Test text & Test result entries together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
IMHO the test line is optional

It is useful for testing for unwanted side effects ( that might appear on longer inputs)

Acurate Test results is what you want. No unintended side effects showing
Not to let us die completely stupid please show by a contrived example what you mean with these ominous ''unwanted side effects''. That would be very interesting and helpful for a better understanding of the whole.

Last edited by chaot; 04-13-2015 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Test runs
Old 04-13-2015, 02:32 PM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaot View Post

Not to let us die completely stupid please show by a contrived example what you mean with these ominous ''unwanted side effects''. That would be very interesting and helpful for a better understanding of the whole.
If I ALWAYS knew in advance they would not be a gotcha, because I would have done the coding perfect the first time , just like you do

Extra - in just a couple of titles
( ) used in a different place in a few
your trigger string was used elsewhere

There is a reason there is more than 1 test line
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:31 PM   #21
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The missing point could very well mean something. Namely that the screen must be maximized to see the full description - or somehow that something is missing.
In this case it appears to be a typo.

re: unwanted side effects -- anything can happen when you perform sweeping changes. Best to confirm that your regex performs as expected, rather than changing things which you didn't realize would be caught.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:57 AM   #22
chaot
Head of lunatic asylum

@theducks Constructive communication!? I understand of course what you wrote, single word for word, sometimes 2 or 3 consecutive, but not the meaning of the whole.
I'm not a native English speaking person so it will be able to forgive me some linguistic imprecision. This doesn't apply to Americans, Australians, Britishs, New Zealanders et cetera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
If I ALWAYS knew in advance they would not be a gotcha, because I would have done the coding perfect the first time , just like you do
??? I suppose the sentence ends here.
I didn't do it perfect the first time. It was after the message from @Terisa de morgan.

Quote:
Extra - in just a couple of titles
( ) used in a different place in a few
your trigger string was used elsewhere
Is this the beginning of a poem? Looks me a little bit strange. Free style!?

Quote:
There is a reason there is more than 1 test line
There is only 1 test line named Your test: - consecutive ones are input/output book lines.
And that (reason) would be?

It seems me EMD Search and replace is not yet mature. E.g. a user needs to read that info/warning stuff on top only one time in beginning. After that it is a waste of space which would benefit better the overview - Info text could be folded out.
The maximum number of visible book entries are the first 10 and that even only with scrolling. Nevermind if we perform 5, 10 or 1000 books it will be done with one click - without previous controll on more than 10.

My suggestion can be seen as a food for thought. Sure there are other ways to optimize the view. Status quo isn't optimal.

Name:	Overview 10 books.png
Views:	185
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	137257
Overview 10 books (Half-dozen input/output book lines would be also enough.)(full 15 inch screen)

Last edited by chaot; 04-14-2015 at 01:17 PM. Reason: add et cetera
Old 04-14-2015, 11:58 AM   #23
chaot
Head of lunatic asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
In this case it appears to be a typo.
Off course! And should be corrected. There are plenty more. In a manual such should not be.

Quote:
re: unwanted side effects -- anything can happen when you perform sweeping changes. Best to confirm that your regex performs as expected, rather than changing things which you didn't realize would be caught.
Practically speaking Before perform sweeping changes in large amounts:
a) Back up (all) your stuff before proceeding.
b) Do previously a small sample.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:43 PM   #24
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Off course! And should be corrected. There are plenty more. In a manual such should not be.
If you catch them, I can fix them. I actually have a small list of typos to fix.

Quote:
Practically speaking Before perform sweeping changes in large amounts:
a) Back up (all) your stuff before proceeding.
b) Do previously a small sample.
Preferably both.
Old 04-14-2015, 01:11 PM   #25
chaot
Head of lunatic asylum

@eschwartz Fine! I will collect and pass them to you peu à peu - per PN.

Such stuff would mess up the look here.

No good idea. Should be public.
Will open a special thread where anyone and me can set every bug, conspicuousness, error, mistake or whatever.

Last edited by chaot; 04-14-2015 at 02:58 PM.

Tags
edit metadata in bulk, regex, search and replace