Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-07-2008, 06:27 PM   #1
CaptOzone
CaptOzone began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
No Storage card with PRS-505 and Calibre 0.4.111

Hello,

I am running Linux on 64 bit Hardy Heron (8.04). I was running Calibre version 0.4.106, and everything was fine; I could save to disk, save to Storage Card (SD 2 gig) on Device, etc. under Calibre. No problems at all.

Upon upgrading to ver 0.4.111, the storage card is no longer showing up under Calibre - just PRS-505 main memory. The SD storage card auto-mounts fine under the OS, showing one Window with "Sony Ready Main" and "Sony Reader Storage Card".

I loaded Calibre 0.4.111 under Windows XP (different machine - 32 bit OS) and, exactly like the Linux boxen, there is no Storage Card showing up under Calibre, but it auto-mounts fine under the XP OS.

If I bring up the Sony eBook software on the XP machine, the storage card shows up fine under the Sony Reader.

I don't know what changed between 0.4.106 and 0.4.111, but what ever it was it seems to adversely affect the SD storage card under Calibre.

I noticed others are having the same problems with SD storage under Calibre, and version 0.4.110 and 111.

What information can I provide to assist with this?

DCM
CaptOzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 06:33 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I used Calibre to send books to my Reader for the first time last night. I have always used the SD card for books, leaving the plastic "space-holder" for the MemoryStick in place (to keep out dust).

But, for me anyway, Calibre wouldn't recognize the SD card if I didn't remove the fake MemoryStick first. It was as if it had to be one or the other, not both.

Don't know if it's the same problem - but you could give that a try...
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 06:38 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Open a ticket and I'll take a look at it when I get some time. Attach the output from the lshal command with the reader connected.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:20 PM   #4
CaptOzone
CaptOzone began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Another item related to 0.4.111

Another thing I noticed with 0.4.111 on both XP and Linux is that under configuration, no matter which item you click on in the left hand side, it always displays the information for the "General" tab.

I sent in the ticket; if there is something else you need let me know.

Great piece of software - I really enjoy it.

DCM
CaptOzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:38 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the config dialog is fixed in 112
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote