Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-11-2014, 04:57 PM   #1
Cedros
Enthusiast
Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara; Kobo H20v2; Kobo Glo HD;
What have I done to my Kobo Store and ADE ID?

I installed Adobe Digital Editions 4.0 on a new computer. When I tried to download a purchased ebook from my Kobo Library, Adobe Digital Editions gave me an error message, saying my Adobe account was already in use.

What I think happened was this: In March 2014, I changed my Internet Service Provider, which meant changing my email address. Without thinking, I updated my Adobe ID to one email address and my Kobo account to a different email address.

Adobe's support tech said I'd have to go to Kobo to help. So far no reply on the request I submitted to Kobo's tech support.

Any suggestions on how to fix this from anyone?

I hope I'm posting this in the right place!
Cedros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 11:55 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedros View Post
I installed Adobe Digital Editions 4.0 on a new computer. When I tried to download a purchased ebook from my Kobo Library, Adobe Digital Editions gave me an error message, saying my Adobe account was already in use.

What I think happened was this: In March 2014, I changed my Internet Service Provider, which meant changing my email address. Without thinking, I updated my Adobe ID to one email address and my Kobo account to a different email address.

Adobe's support tech said I'd have to go to Kobo to help. So far no reply on the request I submitted to Kobo's tech support.

Any suggestions on how to fix this from anyone?

I hope I'm posting this in the right place!
A bit odd since my Adobe ID uses an old email address and my Kobo account is using a newer one. Something to do with Adobe not being able to change the email address and still allow me to access ebooks that I already owned. I only used ADE 4 for a couple of days for testing but uninstalled it when disappointment with it's epub3 support set in.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 11:53 AM   #3
Cedros
Enthusiast
Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara; Kobo H20v2; Kobo Glo HD;
Thanks for you reply. I heard back from Kobo, with instructions to de-authorize ADE, reset my Kobo Touch, and re-authorize ADE. My wild guess about the email addresses in the IDs was wrong, I think. Anyway, I haven't tackled the fix yet, but I will.
Cedros is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adobe digital editions, kobo ebook download