Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-16-2014, 03:18 AM   #106
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Last night when I connected my Glo, it didn't run the jobs my utilities plugin creates. And then I realised it wasn't populating the "ondevice" column. A little bit of fiddling with the source gave me:

Code:
  File "D:\Development\GitHub\calibre\src\calibre\gui2\library\views.py", line 566, in apply_state
ValueError: 'ondevice' is not in list
This happens the first time I connect the device after starting calibre. If I eject and connect again, the "ondevice" column is populated, but the above error still happens and the plugin device jobs don't get run.

And looking at git, I can see a change that added the line in error. When I change libraries after the first connect, the "ondevice" column is populated and everything else seems to work correctly.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 04:25 AM   #107
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
In 1.206, the first time I connect, the books in the internal storage that are also present in the Calibre library are showing with a checkmark UUID in the In Library column but do not show in the On Device column in the library view. The second time I connect, I get a the same checkmark UUID in the In Library column and Main in the On Device column in the library view for matching books. The Card A view remains blank as if no ebooks were being seen.

If I deleted the metadata.calibre file on the external uSD card, ejected and reconnected my ereader it took quite a bit longer to connect, the metadata.calibre file was recreated with what appear to be the correct contents. The On Device column was still blank and the Card A view were empty for any ebooks on the external uSD card.

Reverting back to 1.205, the On Device column was populated as expected.

Running in debug mode, the only item I noted was:
Code:
DEBUG:  296.7 KoboTouch:update_booklist - exception creating book: 'Metadata object has no attribute named: 'author''
DEBUG:  296.7         prefix:  E:\ lpath:   title:  Beau Geste authors:  Percival Christopher Wren mime:  application/octet-stream date:  2009-12-22T17:00:15.001 ContentType:  6 ImageID:  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 08-16-2014 at 04:48 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:14 AM   #108
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
In 1.206, the first time I connect, the books in the internal storage that are also present in the Calibre library are showing with a checkmark UUID in the In Library column but do not show in the On Device column in the library view. The second time I connect, I get a the same checkmark UUID in the In Library column and Main in the On Device column in the library view for matching books. The Card A view remains blank as if no ebooks were being seen.

If I deleted the metadata.calibre file on the external uSD card, ejected and reconnected my ereader it took quite a bit longer to connect, the metadata.calibre file was recreated with what appear to be the correct contents. The On Device column was still blank and the Card A view were empty for any ebooks on the external uSD card.
I think that is the problem I reported above. I didn't have a micro SD card in when I first tested, but did notice the same problem later with my Touch. I've been playing since and wrapped the code that seems to be causing the problem with a try/exception and everything was OK. I'm just not sure if that is the best fix.
Quote:
Reverting back to 1.205, the On Device column was populated as expected.

Running in debug mode, the only item I noted was:
Code:
DEBUG:  296.7 KoboTouch:update_booklist - exception creating book: 'Metadata object has no attribute named: 'author''
DEBUG:  296.7         prefix:  E:\ lpath:   title:  Beau Geste authors:  Percival Christopher Wren mime:  application/octet-stream date:  2009-12-22T17:00:15.001 ContentType:  6 ImageID:  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Firstly, I need to add a traceback to show exactly where that error was thrown. It is in code that creates a book object when the book isn't in the metadata.calibre. Or when that file doesn't exist. Does your driver configuration have the option to read metadata from the files set? If so, does that book have an author in its metadata?
Old 08-16-2014, 05:20 AM   #109
pietro
Enthusiast
pietro began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t1, kobo auraHD
Calibre 1.206 on Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite)
Kobo Aura HD on 3.3.0

Hope my feedback will help:

I just downloaded Calibre beta 1.206.
Much nicer look and feel. I can see my AuraHD and have the usual icones on main toolbar, one for the reader and one for card A, as it was on Calibre 1.48.

However, I cannot see the books on the reader or its card. If I ask "show book on card or reader" I get nothing. If I ask to update cached metadata on device (or card) I get the following error (below).
Removing calibre beta 1.206 and reinstalling previous calibre 1.48 and everything works as usual.

calibre, version 1.206.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device
'list' object has no attribute 'set_debugging_title'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 86, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 520, in _sync_booklists
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 337, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 923, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 2159, in update_device_database_collections
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'set_debugging_title'
pietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:40 AM   #110
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@davidfor: This should fix it: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...40e10cdfb10aa1
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 06:11 AM   #111
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Yep, that fixed it. Should this have affected all devices? There are three reports, all for Kobo devices. The others just haven't connected their devices, or am I doing something wrong in the driver?

@pietro: The error you are seeing is caused by the problem that meant the books on the device were not marked. Kovid's fix for this will prevent this error as well.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:38 AM   #112
Aanya
Enthusiast
Aanya began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I will be install and test how it's working.
Aanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:49 AM   #113
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@Kovid: 1.206.1 is working correctly with my Kobo's.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:01 AM   #114
pietro
Enthusiast
pietro began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t1, kobo auraHD
1.206.1 fixed it. Now I can see al books, transfer new ones to reader etc. including tag/collections etc. Great job, I wish apple and microsoft were that quick in fixing things...

Last edited by pietro; 08-16-2014 at 08:17 AM.
pietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 08:08 AM   #115
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@pietro: Kovid has already built new betas. Download the version you need at http://download.calibre-ebook.com/betas/.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:50 AM   #116
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, I fell asleep while waiting for the new beta builds

1.206.1 with the fix for the issue reported by davidfor is uploaded.

http://download.calibre-ebook.com/betas/
Old 08-16-2014, 10:02 AM   #117
Harkos
Harkos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo & Aura HD
Thank you for the improvements.
In the metadata-screen the little arrow to change te FN LN by the author is missing. It works, but a new user wil not find the extra function of the button. In the balloon that pops up it's correctly explaind.
Harkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 10:32 AM   #118
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Sorry, I fell asleep while waiting for the new beta builds

1.206.1 with the fix for the issue reported by davidfor is uploaded.

http://download.calibre-ebook.com/betas/
It seems, your normal day is much to long these days
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:10 AM   #119
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divingduck View Post
It seems, your normal day is much to long these days
I had a heavy lunch for my mother's birthday celebration, that was the culprit
Old 08-16-2014, 11:10 AM   #120
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@Harkos: Thanks, I'll look into it.

EDIT: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...c56cb3da2ff24a

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 08-16-2014 at 11:34 AM.