Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 07-19-2014, 07:20 PM   #31
Dhevi
Zealot
Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy S3, Nexus 7.2
I report no issues on my nexus. And I would agree, that hidden groups don't need to be linked. I feel that if I've hidden the group in the first place, I don't see that I would necessarily need to have a link that will take me to that grouping.
Dhevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:06 PM   #32
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
I think as long as it doesn't crash, you could go either way. Chances are they people who his publisher won't care about publisher links. And so on.

So do whatever is easier.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 03:32 AM   #33
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhevi View Post
To take it a step further, I've hidden all groups. The clickable links from book details "tags, author, publisher" are all working as intended on my S3. I'll report back regarding my nexus 7 2013.
Thanks for this. It tells me that the problem I am seeing is systemic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Except for the part where I said " I then clicked on Groups and it showed all my groupings except Tags."
My apologies for not reading carefully.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhevi View Post
I report no issues on my nexus. And I would agree, that hidden groups don't need to be linked. I feel that if I've hidden the group in the first place, I don't see that I would necessarily need to have a link that will take me to that grouping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
I think as long as it doesn't crash, you could go either way. Chances are they people who his publisher won't care about publisher links. And so on.

So do whatever is easier.
First is to find out why it is now crashing while before it didn't. Clearly it is related to my user-defined sort changes. I interpret the comments as saying "either way is fine", so once I have fixed the crash then I will take the easiest approach.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:39 AM   #34
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I interpret the comments as saying "either way is fine", so once I have fixed the crash then I will take the easiest approach.
That's what I meant. I am on a phone and didn't notice the autocorrect.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:54 PM   #35
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Just from a personal POV, when I disable a grouping, e.g. Publisher, it means 'I don't care about Publisher and have no interest in clicking Publisher links'.

Although on small screens clicking things you didn't mean to is fairly common so crashes wouldn't be desirable. Doing nothing if a Publisher link was clicked would be perfectly acceptable.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:13 PM   #36
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Just from a personal POV, when I disable a grouping, e.g. Publisher, it means 'I don't care about Publisher and have no interest in clicking Publisher links'.

Although on small screens clicking things you didn't mean to is fairly common so crashes wouldn't be desirable. Doing nothing if a Publisher link was clicked would be perfectly acceptable.
You raise the main issue that got me thinking about this. If I hide the groups then will I be confused by seeing the links? Will I be even more confused if I click on one (accidentally or otherwise) and the group "magically" appears, then disappears if I select another group?

The other viewpoint is that even though I hid a group, I might want to chase down a value I see in book details. This could be especially true for groups made from custom columns.

I smell another option coming.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:19 PM   #37
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Can you make sure that there's an easy way to UNhide, things, please? I don't want to hide "Publishers" and then not be able to find a way to show them again .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:24 PM   #38
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Can you make sure that there's an easy way to UNhide, things, please? I don't want to hide "Publishers" and then not be able to find a way to show them again .
I am a bit confused by the question.

One hides a group by going to settings and selecting the setting "Select groups to show". You are presented with a list of checkboxes, one per group. If you uncheck the box for a group then the group is hidden. If you check it, the group is shown. As such, if you figured out how to hide a group then you should know how to show it again. Does this address the issue behind your question?
Old 07-20-2014, 04:40 PM   #39
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
One hides a group by going to settings and selecting the setting "Select groups to show". You are presented with a list of checkboxes, one per group. If you uncheck the box for a group then the group is hidden. If you check it, the group is shown.
That sounds very straightforward. I must have overlooked that option, or is it a new feature in the development version?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:50 PM   #40
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That sounds very straightforward. I must have overlooked that option, or is it a new feature in the development version?
It is in the last prerelease, which by definition is the development version. Given your activity and helpful opinions, if you aren't adverse to running beta software you might consider joining the prerelease program. Members are offered the beta releases as updates by the Google play store. There is no requirement that you install any given update.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:34 AM   #41
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Two minor UI inconsistencies. When on either the "Select groups to show" or the "Auto-sort when choosing a group" page pressing the CC icon at the top does not back you out as it does elsewhere in the app.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 07-21-2014 at 06:38 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:06 AM   #42
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Two minor UI inconsistencies. When on either the "Select groups to show" or the "Auto-sort when choosing a group" page pressing the CC icon at the top does not back you out as it does elsewhere in the app.
Thanks for that. The same thing happens when selecting which sorts to show. I found a general fix.