Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-20-2014, 09:47 AM   #256
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by por View Post
Thx, I just tested it, on the M96 the app just hangs when you try to open a PDF.
Could you test Duokan for Android ?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=152767

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....duokan.reader
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:17 AM   #257
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2holdon View Post
I am surprised by the quality your screenshot shows.

Two things to notice here:
1) you seem to be using a different reader software. Mine shows a bar and a file name at the bottom.
2) Are you sure you are using the M96 and not the M92? Your eReader is white, while black is the only option available to buy at the moment.
Also, your screen seems to be missing all the Android symbols.

Not implying anything here, just skeptical of the totally different result which I cannot reproduce.

Thanks for clarifying.
Hi,

my sample device (M96) is a white prototype and is already five months old. Current M96 has a little bit different (optimized) hardware.

Please watch this video. You could learn, how you could optimize reading of your PDF.
Open of a PDF document with Neo PDF Reader, improve pale scanned texts, hide system bar and/or reader bars, scribble annotations, optimize margins using auto crop, use text reflow to be able to read comfortably of multi column texts (in this case scribbling feature will be deactivated).

Last edited by Booxtor; 06-20-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:48 AM   #258
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by markom View Post
The version from Google play store works, however it is not in a language I can understand so I can't find my way around the menus.

I downloaded a modified English version from here :

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...95#post2540195

Sadly, when I try to start it it crashes.
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:13 PM   #259
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Ok. I've installed the updated OnyxReader.

I'm still wondering.
- How do I get the Table of Content for epubs? == Ok - got it.
- Where are all the good fonts? With the 'old' OnyxReader there were more fonts? How can I upload new fonts?

Last edited by joblack; 06-20-2014 at 05:40 PM.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:03 AM   #260
GlobalError
GlobalError began at the beginning.

Device: M96
Hello,

my best experience for PDF files I`ve with Foxit PDF. It´s free. Best font rendering I´ve seen. Annotations and scribbles works fine (also export). The disadvantage is that the navigation hard keys of M96 doesn´t work. Tap with pencil on the left/right margins to go on the previous/next page. Continuously scrolling and landscape mode are also possible. Double Tap to zoom in/out. Drag with the pencil to pan.

Otherwise the M96 is a good universal machine. Mail, browser, task planer and many other apps works fine.

Certainly there is something to improve. Occasional freezes exists in all apps I`ve tested. I`m confident...

@Booxtor: Thank you for the great work!

Greetings from Germany

Last edited by GlobalError; 06-21-2014 at 06:46 AM.
GlobalError is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:53 AM   #261
benjaminben
benjaminben began at the beginning.

Device: ony boox M96
can't transfer data to sd card using usb

hi,
Is there anyone know whether M96 recognize class 10 sd card?
also, I found that class 2 or 6 sd card can be recognized by m96,
but when i try to use usb to connect to computer and transfer data to sd card,
it shows that the sd card is protected, can't be written . however, it's no problem to transfer data to the internal storage . is there any way to solve this strange problem?
thanks.
benjaminben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:49 PM   #262
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminben View Post
hi,
it shows that the sd card is protected, can't be written . however, it's no problem to transfer data to the internal storage . is there any way to solve this strange problem?
thanks.
Sure. I put a SanDisk Ultra SDXC 64GB Class 10 card in my M96. Of course you need to format it with FAT32 (not extfat - you need external programs to format it for cards > 64 GByte SDXC under Windows).
Old 06-21-2014, 02:58 PM   #263
vvilmos
Connoisseur
vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.

Device: Onyx M92, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
... I put a SanDisk Ultra SDXC 64GB Class 10 card in my M96.
Do you know if a SDXC 64GB card is usable for M92? (the specifications mention only 32 GB).
vvilmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 03:57 PM   #264
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminben View Post
hi,
thanks.
Have you tried toggling the write protection switch on your SD Card Adapter?
Or it may be possible that your adapter is faulty.
http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/de...cted-or-locked
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 04:22 PM   #265
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvilmos View Post
Do you know if a SDXC 64GB card is usable for M92? (the specifications mention only 32 GB).
The same card works for me for the M92, too. Just remember to format it in fat32 (formatting doesn't work with windows standard tools).

Last edited by joblack; 06-21-2014 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:11 PM   #266
lmsteffan
lmsteffan began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by rara View Post
Hi,im new and french.

Do you know serious online market, who sell the Onyx m96 and shipp in france?
I currently lookat ereader-store.de ,
but its german and i dont know if its scam or bad otherthing.
Any command from france (or maybe EU members) on this site?
Hello,

Hope my answer won't be too late. I'm French too. I must say I bought my Onyx M92 on ereader-store.de, it all went very well. Also the technical support when my device froze (still under warranty) and could no longer boot was very reactive and efficient. I can really recommend ereader-store (like many other people on this forum, as you may have noticed).

Comme indiqué ci-dessus, j'ai acheté un Onyx M92 chez eux ; je suis Français, et je suis très satisfait de ereader-store ! Je les recommande vraiment sans aucune hésitation, tant pour les produits que pour le service après-vente.
lmsteffan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 05:01 PM   #267
The Chef
Enthusiast
The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox i86 Plus (formerly M92)
I have also bought a M92 from ereader-store.de (from UK) and recommend the site and Booxtor very highly!!
The service is really great!!
They also replaced the screen when it broke (although it was past the warranty period so cost money), but again I happy with the result!
The Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:06 AM   #268
brucejin
brucejin began at the beginning.

Device: M96
Just register this forum in order to post. I got my M96 over weekend. Tried a few different apps, found that most of them are not customized for e-ink device.

In your opinion what is the best pdfviewer for this device? I tried OnyxReader(built-in), Moon+ reader. I found Moon+ reader has a better interface, however the flipping btwn pages doesn't work well, showing an ugly dragging animation effect.
brucejin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:10 AM   #269
benjaminben
benjaminben began at the beginning.

Device: ony boox M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Sure. I put a SanDisk Ultra SDXC 64GB Class 10 card in my M96. Of course you need to format it with FAT32 (not extfat - you need external programs to format it for cards > 64 GByte SDXC under Windows).
Thanks!! The card need to be formatted with FAT32 , in or greater than 64 Byte .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feher View Post
Have you tried toggling the write protection switch on your SD Card Adapter?
Or it may be possible that your adapter is faulty.
http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/de...cted-or-locked
Thanks for your reply too.
benjaminben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:47 AM   #270
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Please watch this video. You could learn, how you could optimize reading of your PDF.
Open of a PDF document with Neo PDF Reader, improve pale scanned texts, hide system bar and/or reader bars, scribble annotations, optimize margins using auto crop, use text reflow to be able to read comfortably of multi column texts (in this case scribbling feature will be deactivated).
Thanks Booxtor for the video.

I like the demonstration of the reflow for a multicolumn document. It seems useful and fast.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote