Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 03-04-2014, 02:17 PM   #1
geemac
Enthusiast
geemac began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 3G, Nook Glowlight, Nook HD+,Kobo Touch,Kindle Paper
Nook HD+ all books show in books

When I go to library and then books on my Nook HD+ all the books show up. Is it possible to put books in folders? As when trying to find one new added book to put on a shelf can take a lot of scrolling.
geemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:48 PM   #2
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by geemac View Post
When I go to library and then books on my Nook HD+ all the books show up. Is it possible to put books in folders? As when trying to find one new added book to put on a shelf can take a lot of scrolling.
There aren't any folders per se, but you can create shelves and organize books into various shelves. Personally, I haven't found it worth the time. I've found the whole shelf system to be very fragile. I've spend hours upon hours a couple of times organizing my books into various shelves, only to find that the simplest lock-up, reboot, whatever, can wipe out everything and you'll have to start over. As far as I know, there is no way to backup your shelf data in case of a problem.
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:56 AM   #3
geemac
Enthusiast

how likely is a lock-up on a unmodded not rooted Nook HD+?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfollowell View Post
There aren't any folders per se, but you can create shelves and organize books into various shelves. Personally, I haven't found it worth the time. I've found the whole shelf system to be very fragile. I've spend hours upon hours a couple of times organizing my books into various shelves, only to find that the simplest lock-up, reboot, whatever, can wipe out everything and you'll have to start over. As far as I know, there is no way to backup your shelf data in case of a problem.
I see thank you, how likely is a lock-up on a unmodded not rooted Nook HD+?
Old 03-05-2014, 06:55 AM   #4
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Not necessarily frequent but certainly not unheard of either. It really depends on the sorts of apps you install, how often you install new apps, etc. You just never know what could cause it to lockup, just like on your computer. It could be anything at anytime.

For me, the amount of work that you need to invest, and with no way to back it up, and how easily the system is corrupted, it just wasn't worth it. Of course, I've never understood the rationale of those that want to put their entire 5,000 ebook collection on their reader and have organized and cross-indexed three ways from Sunday either. Give me a handful of books to choose from and I'm happy.
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:39 PM   #5
geemac
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfollowell View Post
Not necessarily frequent but certainly not unheard of either. It really depends on the sorts of apps you install, how often you install new apps, etc. You just never know what could cause it to lockup, just like on your computer. It could be anything at anytime.

For me, the amount of work that you need to invest, and with no way to back it up, and how easily the system is corrupted, it just wasn't worth it. Of course, I've never understood the rationale of those that want to put their entire 5,000 ebook collection on their reader and have organized and cross-indexed three ways from Sunday either. Give me a handful of books to choose from and I'm happy.
Will have to keep my finger crossed