Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-25-2013, 07:57 AM   #1
Calamity
Calamity began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
New computer doesnt detect Cybook Gen3

Hello.

I have been using a Gen3 since 2009 without issue. I just got a new computer and when I plug the device in it just starts charging, but I cant get it to detect the device. I'm using the original supplied cable. It works just fine on both my old Win XP laptop and my brothers Win XP laptop.
I am on Win 8 with all recent upgrades. 4670k/8gb/MSI Z87 G-45.

What I have done so far:

Tried all the different USB ports, it just charges the device.
Unplugged all the other USB devices.
Disabled sleep and power saving for USB ports.
Reinstalled USB drives, and mass storage drivers. Other USB sticks and hard drives work fine. Iphone works fine.
Checked if it appears in device manager or disk manager, it doesn't.
Tried it on 2 different computers, it works fine.
Tried running Win XP on Virtualbox, didnt detect it either.

Anyone have any other ideas? I'm grateful for any help.
Thanks!
Calamity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Only a workaround, not an idea: if you only put the sd-card into the Win8 computer, not the whole Cybook?
And maybe you could ask Bookeen if they have a driver for Win8.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:05 AM   #3
hermano
Connoisseur
hermano began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen 3
hi, Sorry I have no idea why not recognised. I am still using my Gen 3 with a new win 8 pc and no probs...comes up as a drive and also works with caliber.
hermano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
becket
Enthusiast
becket began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
I had this problem going from an XP to a Vista computer but this week after plugging my dad's gen 3 into my computer which works on microsoft 7 laptop it worked, but only after I turned on the Gen 3 after it was plugged in to the usb plug. So then I tried mine which is older than my dad's and it worked, which is quite a surprise so try plugging the usb in then turning the Gen 3 on.
becky
becket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:37 AM   #5
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I've had no problem connecting to any version of Windows OS; currently on Win 8 Pro 64bit. I suspect either USB port or the cable ?

erm - one thing you didn't mention in your list....Switching the Gen3 on ....

Doesn't show up in devices etc...Have you tried manually forcing your PC to look for it?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote