Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-15-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
Tomita
Tomita began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy GT-P5110
Question Series information is lost during the import

I prepared some epub books in Calibre of an earlier version 1.13. As a metadata I added the series information for some books. I'm using Moon+ Pro on my tab for reading eBooks, and the import process was woderful. I got all my series in Moon+. Now, I updated the Calibre to 1.15 and now the series information is lost during the import procedure. I checked the content of the opf file inside the epub file and I noticed some differences. In version 1.13 the relevant lines looked like this:
<meta name="calibre:series_index" content="2.0"/>
<meta name="calibre:series" content="Galaktika"/>

Now in ver. 1.15 the appropriate lines are:
<ns0:meta content="2" name="calibre:series_index" />
<ns0:meta content="Galaktika" name="calibre:series" />

Probably Moon+ is not interpreting these lines.

After this I uninstalled Calibre 1.15 and downgraded it to 1.13, but even after this I got always the opf file with the series information as it is shown above with ver. 1.15 xml format.

Please, help! How can I get back to that opf format which is accepted by Moon+ reader? Or maybe you know some other solution how to feed the series information with Moon+. Thanks in advance!
Tomita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomita View Post
Or maybe you know some other solution how to feed the series information with Moon+. Thanks in advance!
At some point someone with the info you need will respond.

But since you asked I would recommend using the Calibre Companion App (Play store) to transfer books to your tablet. This App allows you to manage your on tablet books with all of the metadata you see in calibre and you never have to import books into any reading app again. I simply select the book I want to read and launch it in the reader app of my choice (in my case Moon+ Reader Pro).
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:35 AM   #3
Tomita

Thanks. I will try it, but I'm really curious, what is behind of this error.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:51 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomita View Post
In version 1.13 the relevant lines looked like this:
<meta name="calibre:series" content="Galaktika"/>

Now in ver. 1.15 the appropriate lines are:
<ns0:meta content="2" name="calibre:series_index" />
<ns0:meta content="Galaktika" name="calibre:series" />
I just looked at a book I converted today with 1.15 and when I look at the opf file in the book I do not see what you are seeing.

I see the normal metadata as expected.

<meta name="calibre:series" content="Foundation"/>

Maybe Kovid can shed some light on what you are experiencing.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:19 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
<nso:meta> is perfectly correct, provided ns0 is correctly defined as the opf namespace. As for why you are getting them, impossible to say unless you post the file which when converted gives you those.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:23 AM   #6
Tomita

Today I reinstalled the Calibre 1.15 and the problem disappeared. Again the opf contains normal lines without ns0: And the series are recognized by the reader.
Strange, but I'm happy with that now. If I experience again the same problem, I try to figure out what is the reason and procedure leading to that opf file and I report it to you. Now, I'm not able to reproduce the experiment
Thanks for your answers.

Tags
calibre, import books, moon+ reader pro, opf file, series