Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
jedi_pereira
jedi_pereira began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Reading Life

Hi everyone,

I'm new with Kobo and Reading Life stuffs.

some questions:
- Why kobo in iOS is different from Android (specially the Android version of Kobo)? The iOS one has more option...
- My Reading Life has less awards than the iOS and Kobo Touch version. Why?
- for example: the BookLover award... my friend with Kobo Touch has and I just won this one when I log in in the iOS Kobo.

- Anyone knows if will be a update to the Kobo's Android?

- Kobo Pulse only exist in iOS?

- Finally, if I won the BookLover awards in iOS, why when I sync this award is not showed in my Kobo Arc?

Edit:

- Why Kobo Desktop don't recognizes Kobo Arc?? It asks to plug in with the USB cable (that don't come along in the box), but using another cable the application doesn't recognizes the device. The device is correct installed by Windows.

thank you very much

Last edited by jedi_pereira; 10-21-2013 at 10:40 AM.
jedi_pereira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
cvergz828
cvergz828 shares his or her toyscvergz828 shares his or her toyscvergz828 shares his or her toyscvergz828 shares his or her toyscvergz828 shares his or her toyscvergz828 shares his or her toyscvergz828 shares his or her toyscvergz828 shares his or her toyscvergz828 shares his or her toyscvergz828 shares his or her toyscvergz828 shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo Arc 7
Hi there,

I feel the same way as you since I just got the Kobo Arc (7" HD) recently. Anyway, I am not too sure about the iOS for Kobo. However, I believe that it is different from the Android version. I think iBookLover is a different app all together and I also think that it's a 3rd party app so I'm assuming that it's not associated with Kobo so probably that's why it doesn't sync with your Kobo?

I also just downloaded an update for my Arc and it is running on Android's "Jelly Bean" OS.

Finally, my Arc is doing the same thing as yours where the desktop is not recognizing the device or Kobo Desktop is not appearing unlike it used to for their older devices. But you know what? My laptop (Windows) recognizes it as a portable device named "arc 7 HD". I'm not too sure why it doesn't recognize the device with my secondary laptop (running on Debian/Linux).

Hope I did help you.
cvergz828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:45 PM   #3
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Hello,
A bit of background for you. Reading Life originally launched on iOS, and then was rolled out to other platforms in the Kobo family.
Some of the awards are platform specific. For example, the easter egg award is iOS only, and you likely won't see it appear when synced on another platform. eReading Rainbow is an Android only award and when synced it's not seen on another platform.

You can find a list of most, if not all, of the awards and on what platform they exist here: http://members.upc.nl/r.sijbesma8/koboawards.pdf (I did not generate them, the credit goes to the user NiborSypher for that )
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #4
Cameronpaterson
Addict
Cameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPad, iPhone
That's interesting Sharkus, but presumably you are aware that there no Android Reading Life awards of any kind any more, as they have been removed from the Arc HD altogether? That really confused me when I bought one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
Hello,
A bit of background for you. Reading Life originally launched on iOS, and then was rolled out to other platforms in the Kobo family.
Some of the awards are platform specific. For example, the easter egg award is iOS only, and you likely won't see it appear when synced on another platform. eReading Rainbow is an Android only award and when synced it's not seen on another platform.

You can find a list of most, if not all, of the awards and on what platform they exist here: http://members.upc.nl/r.sijbesma8/koboawards.pdf (I did not generate them, the credit goes to the user NiborSypher for that )
Cameronpaterson is offline   Reply With Quote