Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-29-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
Hekse-Mie
Boekenwurm
Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 623, 903 & 603, 360+, Sony 600, Irex Iliad
PB 623 SOLVED Can a wrongly translated word in the menu be changed ?

Bookstore in the menu has been translated wrongly in Dutch. BOGHANDEL should be BOEKHANDEL.
I added a screenshot.

Name:  scr0001.bmp
Views: 314
Size:  243.6 KB

Last edited by Hekse-Mie; 10-30-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Hekse-Mie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:50 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
There is a way to do this. The default translations are within the file /ebrmain/language/nl.txt, but you can override any entries there by using a similar file that you create called /system/language/nl.txt. In your case, it should contain the following:

Code:
Nederlands
@BookStore=Boekhandel
If you want to change other entries, you'll have to get a copy of the original and see what the handle for each translation is (i.e. the part with '@' in front of it). This is where things get more complicated. The /ebrmain directory is not accessible from the menus or from the USB mounting. If you have pbterm installed, then you can use it to copy the default file to the SD card or the accessible internal memory. Or, you can install something like utelnetd to give you a shell login over WiFi. Or, you can write or install your own shell app simply for copying that file:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
cp /ebrmain/language/nl.txt /mnt/ext1/nl.txt
Create a file called copy-nl.app with the above contents, copy it to /system/applications, and then run it from the Applications tab on the device. You should then be able to see the file in the root of the internal memory directory over USB mounting. If you use Windows, then use an editor like Notepad++ to create the file, and make sure that you set it to use Unix-style line endings. The default Windows line endings will cause problems for the app file.

Last edited by rkomar; 10-29-2013 at 06:53 PM.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:56 AM   #3
Hekse-Mie
Boekenwurm
Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
.../ebrmain/language/nl.txt,...

... use Unix-style line endings....
Thank you for your answer, Rkomar
I didn't find the folder language in the folder /ebrmain/, so I created one in which I added nl.txt.
There is a language folder in /system/ though, but in there was no txt-file.

I also installed Notepad ++, but I couldn't find where to change to Unix-style line endings. So I wasn't able to run copy-nl.app. Could you help me on that, please ?
Old 10-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Sorry, I was a bit sloppy in mixing the paths to the folder names. When you plug the reader into USB and look at the internal memory filesystem, you see the /applications and /system folders and their contents. The device itself has those directories in a different place: the exported internal memory is mounted under the /mnt/ext1 directory, and the SD card is mounted under the /mnt/ext2 directory. However, on the PC, you don't see the /mnt/ext1 part of the path. /ebrmain is in the root filesystem on the device, not under /mnt/ext1, which is why you can't find it when you look via the USB connection.The library application also doesn't let you access system files outside of the exported internal memory and the SD card. That's why you need shell access or the copy-nl.app application to access it.

I've attached a zip file with a copy of the default nl.txt file (from /ebrmain), the new system/language/nl.txt file with the changed BookStore word, and the copy-nl.app file in case you want to try it out anyway.
Attached Files
File Type: zip nl.zip (25.6 KB, 122 views)
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:06 PM   #5
Hekse-Mie
Boekenwurm

I only had to add the file you provided, and the right translation appeared. I didn't have to run the copy-nl.app.
Thank you very much, Rkomar !

Name:  scr0002.bmp
Views: 268
Size:  96.1 KB

Last edited by Hekse-Mie; 10-30-2013 at 03:11 PM.