Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #106
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
For what it's worth, and speaking as someone who did some programming years and years ago (i.e., pre-Windows days...), it's cool to see current coders working with each other to identify errors and proposing alternate code to solve problems. I may not understand what the syntax means, but it's cool...
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:01 PM   #107
lincolnhyde
lincolnhyde doesn't litterlincolnhyde doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 1
Got an interesting quirk - I was updating books in a series, which has mixed DRM and non-DRM books. When the series assignment reached the DRM book, it got the error IOError:[Errno 13] File is open in another process.

I got this error on two different series, but I was able to manually add the series name and number in the Edit Metadata screen.
lincolnhyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:14 PM   #108
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolnhyde View Post
Got an interesting quirk - I was updating books in a series, which has mixed DRM and non-DRM books. When the series assignment reached the DRM book, it got the error IOError:[Errno 13] File is open in another process.
I don't belive this is DRM related. This error most frequently occurs if you use software like Dropbox (or Box, Copy, Sugar Sync, Sky Drive etc...) to sync your library to the cloud. If so the safest path is to find the setting to pause syncing of the cloud while you are doing edits to your library.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #109
lincolnhyde
lincolnhyde doesn't litterlincolnhyde doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 1
Well, it may not be DRM, but I'm not syncing my library to the cloud - and it was consistent across two series at quitting when I hit the DRM book.
lincolnhyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:27 PM   #110
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolnhyde View Post
Well, it may not be DRM, but I'm not syncing my library to the cloud - and it was consistent across two series at quitting when I hit the DRM book.
If your not syncing I stand corrected. I wonder what is causing it?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #111
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I wonder if there is a DB error?
Run the Library Maintenance to be safe
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:25 PM   #112
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
FYI, I am not kiwidude and this isn't my plugin. But I'm trying to help out by porting some of the plugins I use regularly while kiwidude is busy.

Attached is a test version that should work for both the existing 1.X calibre and the upcoming 2.X version calibre. 2.x will use PyQt5 which requires changes to virtually all plugins.

This version needs to be tested with the existing calibre.

Brave souls to test it with the beta 2.X version would also be appreciated. Links to the 2.X beta and discussion of the transition (for plugins) can be see at: Attn plugin developers: calibre moving to Qt 5.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Manage Series.zip (46.6 KB, 320 views)
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:13 PM   #113
McJal'm
McJal'm began at the beginning.

Device: iPad2
Would this plugin enable creating collections, as opposed to solely numbered series? That's one thing I've found lacking in Calibre (or at least I've not found such a feature there).

Not all books within the same storyline/world/universe are chronologically ordered, yet it would still be nice to place them under one thematic heading.
McJal'm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:18 PM   #114
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJal'm View Post
Would this plugin enable creating collections, as opposed to solely numbered series? That's one thing I've found lacking in Calibre (or at least I've not found such a feature there).

Not all books within the same storyline/world/universe are chronologically ordered, yet it would still be nice to place them under one thematic heading.
I just set the number to 0 when a book has no 'place' in the series
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 07:17 AM   #115
xd1986k
xd1986k began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HDX 7, Ipad
Would it be possible for your plugin to derive the series from common text in titles? eg.
Alex Verus 01
Alex Verus 02
Alex Verus 03
Series=Alex Verus
xd1986k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:07 AM   #116
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
QuarantineAndScrub

@xd1986k,

See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...48#post2940048

Your examples are mostly Manga-like. If that is their source, see Page 60 of the Q&S User Guide. If your examples are not Manga, no worries; Q&S still handles them. The current version of Q&S is 3.6.17 with a database version of 4.8.0.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 12:35 PM   #117
xd1986k
xd1986k began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HDX 7, Ipad
@DaltonST,
Thanks. Time to go through a 60 page manual.
xd1986k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 06:42 PM   #118
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Depending on how many you need to fix, you can use search and replace in the bulk metadata editor. Or a bulk metadata download might get the correct titles and series plus the other information for them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 01:03 PM   #119
Amiga56
Amiga56 began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet
Hello
It will be great to Add prefix to the name of the file like : [name_of_the_serie-index] name_of_the_book

Thanks for your work
Amiga56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 02:14 PM   #120
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
You can create a custom composite column that shows both like that for display in Calibre, and you can create a metadata plugboard that puts both in the title field when ebooks are sent to readers.

Both are outside the scope of the plugin, though.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 02-05-2017 at 02:20 PM.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manage series