Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-19-2013, 01:48 PM   #1
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: HTC One, Galaxy Note 10.1, Kobo Aura
Question Indie Web page to buy Aura?

Hi. This is a small plea for help from those in the US (especially in or near Texas). I was hoping that those that frequent books stores or such could helpl me. Since it's impossible to buy from the kobo page I was hoping to find an Indie books store I could order from. I need the online ordering option since I am not actually in the US but do have a US shipping address where someone can receive it.

I tried using the "find a retailer" option but no go since the kobo site isn't that compatible with proxies (and if I just use it without a US proxy I get no results).

I hope it's okay to post this here and not the flea market as I'm not trying to do an individual transaction per se. Plus there were no Aura's on sale there
Nightyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:17 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I tried searching a few of the stores that came up using an Austin zip code on http://www.kobo.com/indie and didn't see the Aura on their sites. Nor does Family Christian have it listed either. It would surprise me if the Indie booksellers have access to the device yet, IIRC with the Aura HD it took a few weeks (a month?) after the release before any had it available.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:33 PM   #3
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I tried searching a few of the stores that came up using an Austin zip code on http://www.kobo.com/indie and didn't see the Aura on their sites. Nor does Family Christian have it listed either. It would surprise me if the Indie booksellers have access to the device yet, IIRC with the Aura HD it took a few weeks (a month?) after the release before any had it available.
Thanks fro checking. Actually I made the request because someone had said that their local bookstore was carrying it and had set it aside for them. So if no one carries it other than kobo then tough luck for me, but hopefully someone will come across a seller that does =D
Old 09-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #4
Rob2246
Enthusiast
Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle,nook ,ipad,kobo
nightyume HI check out chapters indigo store on the net. They are in canada but have auras in stock and do ship to the US.
Rob2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
You can order from Indigo, yes, but what if you have to return it? And the shipping is relatively expensive. I had ordered with them, but cancelled it, and I'm glad I did, reading of all the problems with the screen. I'll wait a few months and get it from a US seller.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:46 PM   #6
Nightyume
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2246 View Post
nightyume HI check out chapters indigo store on the net. They are in canada but have auras in stock and do ship to the US.
I'll check them out but I am afraid that booklover6 is most likely right. If the shipping from Kobo isn't cheap that means paying that shipping, possibly paying import fees as it'd be coming from a Canadian store, then paying another twenty or thirty dollars to ship it from the US, plus import fees again, and the mandatory insurance fee when shipping from the US . Frankly I REALLY want the Aura, but paying close to 300 dollars seems a tad excessive, which is what I'll end up paying if I get a friend to buy it from his local chapters and then send it to me directly. The upside is if I buckle and get my friend to do that he can at least check it for defects and try it out.