Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #1
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Lightbulb kindleStatusService

dredged from showlog, with a touch of reporting.
Might be helpful.

Code:
#!/bin/sh

lipc-set-prop com.lab126.kindleStatusService logToFile all 

sleep 5

cat /var/local/log/KindleStatusFile | sed -n 1'p' | tr ',' '\n' | while read word; do echo $word; done > /mnt/us/documents/status-report.txt
Quote:
Font=[FontFamily=Caecilia Regular
FontSize=3
LineSpacing=1
Justification=1
Margin=[top=-1
left=-1
bottom=-1
right=-1]
Contrast=-1]
SoftwareVersion=Kindle 5.3.6 (1967980020)
MarketplaceID=X111XXX1111XXX11
Freespace=224MB
BatteryLevel=87%
PasswordEnabled=false
PublicNotesEnabled=false
Connection=wifi
PopularHighlightsEnabled=false
LanguageTag=en-GB
RefreshEveryPageEnabled=false
AnnotationsEnabled=false
MerchantEnabled=false
AdEnabled=false
UpdateAvailable=false

Last edited by twobob; 09-11-2013 at 03:24 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:08 AM   #2
ams
Enthusiast
ams is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ams is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ams is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ams is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ams is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ams is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ams is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ams is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ams is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ams is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ams is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo: Mini, Libra 2
Slightly off-topic: If there's Justification=1 reported in the log, there probably is a way to turn it off. This is something that really bothers me with the Kindle Touch (and I guess paperwhite is the same): even books where justification is not set in the css are displayed justified. For the older models, setting justification to left or full in the Aa menu could be enabled in the reader.pref (unfortunately not for KF8 books). I know this issue has come up before but I thought I'd check again whether someone has any idea if there is a way to set left justification (other than explicitly setting "text-align: left;" in the book)? Even with hyphenation via JBPatch for mobi7 and Hyphenate This! for KF8 I would prefer left justification when reading in bad light condition at large font sizes (also with soft hyphens, TTS doesn't work anymore and reading German books with full justification and no hyphenation is really, really ugly).
ams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ams View Post
Slightly off-topic: If there's Justification=1 reported in the log, there probably is a way to turn it off.
Some of those may be 'build time' option settings.

Just because they can be reported dynamically, does not mean they can be changed dynamically.

As an example, see the post I just wrote about changing the memory limits of CVM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote