|09-15-2013, 04:36 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2011
Device: Entourage Pocket Edge, Entourage Edge
Awesome App For Notetaking Edge Users
While it seems like the audience for this device is slowly dwindling, I'd thought other active users might be interested in a great app that really seems to blend well with the Edge's unique talents.
The FreeNote app brings together a number various note-taking capabilities I have been using several apps for into a single, very usable tool.
With the Edge's stylus, the handwriting and picture drawing in FreeNote are very nice. Where things really shine (IMO) is the ability to (in a limited way) share items with the built-in journal and reader apps.
Moving journal content into FreeNote
1. Open your journal to whatever page you would like to include in your FreeNote page
2. Use the "snapshot" tool to take a picture of the page. Save it to your library with whatever name you want.
3. In FreeNote, hit the menu button and "Insert" - select "Insert txt or pic file"
4. Browse to your edge files (at /mnt/sdcard/.edge/.esi-content for default setup, I think). Select the file "image_transfer.png". Note that every time you take a snapshot another file is created with the same name but a number added (e.g. "image_transfer(2).png").
5. Your image will then be inserted into your FreeNote page. You can't really edit the imported picture, but you can draw or write over it as you want.
Reading FreeNote content in Reader
1. In FreeNote, click the "Explore" menu at the top.
2. Long click the page you want to export. Select the "Export as .pdf". Save to some convenient location
3. Open or add the the .pdf file to your library. Once there, you can open and annotate to add more info.
4. Once done, you can again take a snapshot of the page and save it with whatever name you want. This time the image will be saved as "image_transfer.bmp" (similar to above).
5. Now you can add the image back into FreeNote (following the steps above for moving journal content, except you will look for the .bmp file).
Perhaps not the most elegant, but I love the fact that I can move things back and forth from LCD to Reader. Also, it seems like FreeNote is fast and smooth with nice drawing options.
I feel this has yet again extended the useful life of this very wonderful device.
|09-16-2013, 11:05 AM||#2|
Join Date: Jun 2011
Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe, Entourage eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
oooh.. This is pretty cool. I will have to give it a go.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Android How to install the Amazon App Store app on your eDGe||borisb||enTourage Archive||11||05-13-2011 02:56 PM|
|Android App Removed From eDGe App Store||10tklz||enTourage Archive||3||12-05-2010 04:06 PM|
|eDGe users||Gunnerp245||enTourage eDGe||2||06-04-2010 09:30 AM|