Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

View Poll Results: Will you be upgrading to the Paperwhite II proposed below?
Yes. Upgrading from Paperwhite. 17 22.67%
Yes. Upgrading from and old reader, or different brand. 7 9.33%
No. Have Paperwhite already. Not enough improvement. 44 58.67%
No. I haven't got a PW, but will wait until my reader breaks. 7 9.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #136
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
I will probably say I'm not getting one when its announced. Then I Will pre-order one, telling myself that I'm only doing it in case I change my mind. I will probably convince myself to buy it in the end.

All this is based on my behaviour with previous kindle releases.

So yes I probably will be upgrading from the paperwhite.
Meh so things seem to be going pretty much as I predicted lol
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #137
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Wow, like some of us stated way back (about 2 1/2 months ago) this poll was started way too early, way before any new Kindles were introduced. the New PW2 was introduced this past week, so basically posts 1--131 of this thread were posted before that introduction. I think a new poll should be conducted now that we know something about the new PW2 and now that we know it is the ONLY new Kindle introduced. This old, outdated, highly speculative poll was a waste of time.
Yes indeed, it was a waste of time, given that the new KPW actually has even LESS improvement than I thought it would have. All improvements that matter are with regard to software. All the hardware improvements are a bit so-so, something most people wouldn't even notice, even with the two KPW's side-by-side.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #138
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Yes indeed, it was a waste of time, given that the new KPW actually has even LESS improvement than I thought it would have. All improvements that matter are with regard to software. All the hardware improvements are a bit so-so, something most people wouldn't even notice, even with the two KPW's side-by-side.
Hopefully the screen lighting has been improved, but I'm skeptical. Too bad these polls are not designed to allow voters to change their votes as that would make it more valid.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:14 PM   #139
jswinden
Nameless Being

BTW, I justed posted a new poll to reflect out thoughts now that the PW2 has been officially introduced for pre-order. It is a multiple choice poll.