Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-06-2013, 02:03 AM   #31
flamaest
Groupie
flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-500
I like 'jakobim' post above:

""
This "app" totally has to be made into a screensaver ... and a digital, landscape clock! Could anybody do this, pretty please!
""

I second this motion..

Last edited by flamaest; 09-06-2013 at 02:09 AM.
flamaest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:18 AM   #32
jakobim
Enthusiast
jakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Touch
Yippee, now I’m not alone with my request anymore! ^^
I still think the kindle (touch) needs this kind of clock app / wallpaper / whatever, more than ever.
I would do it myself, if I had the time and patience – mostly time – to do so. I really hope somebody could make this happen.
jakobim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:55 AM   #33
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
So what I was working on wasn't working so I thought I might play with this a bit:

attached is just the binary of dclock which is just a simple digital clock with a few options including an alarm if you have sound.

I can run it full screen like this:
Code:
/mnt/us/extensions/dclock/bin# ./dclock -name "L:A_PC:N_O:R_N_application_ID:dclock"
Still to do, wrap it in a script to disable the screensaver or whatever and have it return to the previous orientation. Maybe somebody else wants to do this part? I don't really need a clock... Have fun!
Attached Files
File Type: zip dclock.zip (24.8 KB, 226 views)
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #34
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
[root@kindle root]# /mnt/us/extensions/dclock/bin/dclock -name "L:A_N:applicati
on_ID:dclock_O:R_PC:N" -bg white -fg black -led_off white -noblink -noscroll -no
fade

is a nice set of options.

Great work on this!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_600.png
Views:	265
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	110491  

Last edited by twobob; 09-06-2013 at 10:39 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:23 PM   #35
flamaest
Groupie
flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-500
Bump for Brian!
flamaest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:25 PM   #36
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
[root@kindle root]# /mnt/us/extensions/dclock/bin/dclock -name "L:A_N:applicati
on_ID:dclock_O:R_PC:N" -bg white -fg black -led_off white -noblink -noscroll -no
fade

is a nice set of options.

Great work on this!
Could you make that available in Klingon script?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #37
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

actually I could...
Old 09-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #38
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Could you make that available in Klingon script?
http://www.dafont.com/klingon-font.font

Not sure if you can just specify the font on the command line?
Old 09-06-2013, 10:52 PM   #39
twobob

you can
Old 09-07-2013, 02:27 AM   #40
brianinmaine
Evangelist

Not sure if this is right - It has a KUAL button to start. To stop, you have to press the power button twice - press once and wait until the screensaver kicks in, then again to go back to normal. I stole the stuff from the draw extension that twobob helped with before. If there is a better way to start/stop this, show me! I'd like to see this run as a screensaver also, but I don't know how, so this is about it for me!

EDIT: the screensaver still comes on, I'll have to try to fiddle with it more. If I turn off the screensaver, I can't turn off the clock.

EDIT2: How do you load a TEMPORARY font? I tried the klingon version and I can't get it to load. Major fail. I even used the fc-cache.sh script after I copied it to /var/tmp/root/.fonts/ so I can fc-list it, it just doesn't seem to use it. Oh, well.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dclock.zip (25.8 KB, 206 views)

Last edited by brianinmaine; 09-07-2013 at 05:48 AM.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:25 AM   #41
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014

IIII ? Really? That's not how you write the 4th Roman numeral.
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:59 AM   #42
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpider View Post

IIII ? Really? That's not how you write the 4th Roman numeral.
Choose your preferred explanation:

http://www.ubr.com/clocks/frequently...ock-dials.aspx

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/...-instead-of-iv
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #43
twobob

It really is how you write IIII on a clock. The vast majority of them. For real.
*goes and reads Ixxy's links now*

Hmm yeah my latin teacher maintained the same thing (One Two Three God Five...".
This is the story I heard too.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:34 PM   #44
brianinmaine
Evangelist

OK, this seems to be better.
Code:
#!/bin/sh
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.powerd preventScreenSaver 1

/mnt/us/extensions/dclock/bin/dclock -name "L:A_N:application_ID:dclock_O:R_PC:N" -bg white -fg black -led_off white -noblink -noscroll -nofade & 

waitforkey;
killall dclock

lipc-set-prop com.lab126.powerd preventScreenSaver 0
push anything and it stops the clock. Done unless there are better suggestions?
Attached Files
File Type: zip dclock.zip (25.4 KB, 208 views)
Old 09-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #45
twobob

excellent work brian.

Love it.

Tags
launcher add-ons