Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-23-2013, 11:52 PM   #1
Dr.Mohamed Magdy
Dr.Mohamed Magdy began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
My EE is dead !

hi ,
i have a serious problem , i tried to update my entourage edge , suddenly , it freezed and gave me a black screen on the tablet side and a striped screen on the reader side , it seems that the whole software had been broken down completely , i tried every way in the whole world to recover the system , but no hope ! it's dead !
please , help me urgently because i have an important files and papers on it . thanks very very much for help , in advance
Dr.Mohamed Magdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #2
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
OK, what did you use to try and update it with?

Unless you give full information there is no way we can help.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
Dr.Mohamed Magdy
Dr.Mohamed Magdy began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
i used the golden allmine update and it worked successfully , but it had a problem while shutting down and turning on , so i tried to go back to dingo , suddenly it gone dead .
Dr.Mohamed Magdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:39 PM   #4
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
A couple of things to check.

Is the battery fully charged and did you have the unit attached to mains power while you were doing the upgrade/downgrade?

When reverting to Dingo did you use the golden dingo update for the EE? If you did not use the golden dingo then some files would have been replaced and others not so giving an apparent dead unit. The same thing will happen if you use the PE version of any firmware on the EE.

If after checking the battery is charged - leave on charge overnight - nothing happens when you turn the unit on, trackball does not light, then you have a possible component failure which we can do nothing about.

If, on the other hand, you do get the trackball to light up then you can try re-flashing with golden dingo renamed to just update zip. If that works backup the data you have on the unit to a USB stick and then proceed to the Ermine update for the EE.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote