Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-01-2013, 03:58 AM   #46
entodoays
Zealot
entodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1
In my case the problem was caused by putting my Reader in sleep mode. Logs showed error messages associated with sleep mode.

Therefore, I'm not sure that restoring the dictionaries partition would solve the issue. Testing would be needed to confirm that.

I suspect that the problem is with some other partition but I cannot guess which, since I restored all the partitions at once and tested only after.
entodoays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #47
gonzule
before sleep, read or TV?
gonzule began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
thanks, then i will restore all partitions. just have one final question. my reader was bought in the US, and i downloaded the latest update. The update file (or the reader information) dont say anything about EU or US versions, but in your post you said that you uploaded the auropean partitions for the reader. will i have any problems if i restore your patitions, or are they exactly the same?
gonzule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:39 AM   #48
entodoays
Zealot
entodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enough

I have restored my unit, bought in Europe, with a US restore set without any problems. I guess there's no difference or if there is, it does not affect function.

My guess is that there might be an important difference between US/EU and the Japanese version (fonts, etc.).

Last edited by entodoays; 06-03-2013 at 03:43 AM.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:08 AM   #49
gonzule
before sleep, read or TV?
gonzule began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Ok!! i have restored all the partitions from your other post with the ubuntu instructions (downloaded ubuntu 12.10 as that version had the updated Disks application with the 2 cogs). Now the reader seems to be working ok. I tried restarting it many times, puting it to sleep and all and everything seems to be working flawlessly. If i have a problem i will let everybody now, but for now i will consider this as solved.

i cant believe how easy it was, thanks entodays!
gonzule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:17 AM   #50
ebookread
Enthusiast
ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: PRS-T2, PRS-T3
this happened to me too, after 10 months of reading without a problem.so my dealer was so kind to give me a new reader instead.
ebookread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #51
nima007
nima007 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
i have this problem for long time and now i want to do your procedure but when i want to connect the device in recovery mod my pc cant recognize it and i cant access my partition what can i do?
nima007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:02 AM   #52
entodoays
Zealot

@nima007 To help you, please specify exactly what you are doing and where you get stuck. With the information provided, it is difficult to give advice.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:39 AM   #53
nima007

I power off my device and put the sd card in device and then i turn it on while pressing home and menu key then i plugin my device to computer but my pc cant detect it
Old 07-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #54
entodoays
Zealot

What operating system are you running on your PC? Ubuntu?

Does the SD card contain a folder named OS Firmware?

Are you keeping home and menu pressed long enough? Try waiting until the progress bar reaches the end.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #55
nima007

Originally i use window but for this operation i use ubuntu in vm
Sd card contain that folder and i press those key long enough so the device load in recovery mod
Old 07-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #56
entodoays
Zealot

Did you try opening the Disks application when connected to see if the PRS-T1 is recognised?

I would try to format the sd card again and copy the OS Firmware folder again.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #57
nima007

the disk app cant recognize the device but i think this is because it need to the windows can recognize it first
i try to load the ubunto live instead of vm and i checked it if it would fixed
Old 07-17-2013, 03:52 AM   #58
entodoays
Zealot

I didn't understand. Did Ubuntu running from a live USB or live DVD recognise the Reader?
Old 07-17-2013, 06:32 AM   #59
nima007

i run the ubunto live from a usb and it cant detect the usb in recovery mod
Old 07-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #60
entodoays
Zealot

Sorry, but I don't know how to help then.