Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #1
Pyr
Obsessional Modder...
Pyr began at the beginning.

Device: none
Custom Library menu with sub-menus using hyperlinks ?

Hi,

I'm looking for a good reliable device for reading scanned pdf's and I read that Sony readers are the best for this purposes so I'm thinking about buying a T2.

I've got a few questions about the T2 firmware;

I've got a big library of books about homesteading and permaculture, technical manuals, some encyclopaedia etc, that I keep on a µ-SD card.

I'm not planning to change the contents of this card and I wonder if it would be possible to create some kind of "start page" with hyperlinks to sub-menus that contain links to the pdf's, so browsing the library works the same way as browsing the internet.

I thought about several ways to achieve this goal.

I've got some eBooks that come as multiple pdf files in a folder.
There's an index page with links to each chapter and every chapter is contained in a separate pdf.
I can click the links on the index page and the reader jumps to the corresponding pdf file that's sitting in the same folder as the index pdf.
It works great on my PC but does this work on the T2 ?

This would be great because it would allow to create a custom menu system with Adobe Acrobat !

I thought about another approach;

I know the T2 has a web browser so I wonder if it would be possible to create a menu system in HTML (local web pages) with hyperlinks to the pdf's on the micro SD.

Another question about the browser;

I downloaded a lot of websites with Scrapbook and HTtrack to my computer so I can browse them offline when no internet connection is available.
Did anyone on the forum try to use the web browser on the T2 to browse local "web sites" ?
Pyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #2
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
I would first try using T1 or T2 to read your PDF book and Documents. Then you would know how it suits your needs.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
Pyr
Obsessional Modder...
Pyr began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
I would first try using T1 or T2 to read your PDF book and Documents. Then you would know how it suits your needs.
I saw some videos on Youtube about the T1 and T2 and specifically some vid's about their pdf handling and I think it performs quiet well for a 6 inch reader.
I like the pinch and zoom function and the possibility to drag the pages.

Here in France there's a special offer from Sony and the T2 sells now for only 99 €!

I guess I made up my mind and I think I'll buy a black T2.
Pyr is offline   Reply With Quote