Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #61
larrymohr
Zealot
larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.

Device: Samsung S6 tab, Kobo Sage, AURA One, Mini
So, I checked on Friday here in British Columbia and eGift cards were available.
I check just now on Monday and there is NO LINK?????

Larry from BC.
larrymohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:00 PM   #62
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymohr View Post
So, I checked on Friday here in British Columbia and eGift cards were available.
I check just now on Monday and there is NO LINK?????
Gone again in the US too.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:44 PM   #63
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Gone again in the US too.
Kobo is practicing its prestidigitation skills... Now you see them... Now you don't!
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:43 PM   #64
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
Kobo is practicing its prestidigitation skills... Now you see them... Now you don't!
Whatever they're practicing it's annoying! Went to buy a gift card today and *poof*. Missing. Again.
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:02 AM   #65
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post

For many, you also get hit with money exchange fees with each card hit, so the gift cards were highly favored by all (and many countries have zero access to physical gift cards, so those guys are left entirely in the cold).
I'm sorry, but that makes absolutely no sense. I haven't gotten a foreign transaction fee in years, if ever. For sure not since I moved back to the U.S. two and a half years ago.

And I know my credit card charges foreign transaction fees, because I just got notification that they are NOT going to be charging me a foreign transaction fee starting this month.

Actually, the main reason I started using Kobo was because I was living overseas and B & N wouldn't let me buy book since I was out of the U.S.
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:06 PM   #66
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
This has been added to the FAQs even for Canada: Please note: You won’t be able to purchase eGift cards for a while, because we’re making changes to improve the Kobo Store. Check back in a few months for our new eGift cards!
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:23 AM   #67
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
Check back in a few months for our new eGift cards!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:47 AM   #68
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Still no gift cards in stores, no e-gift cards online and no FAQ to check that. I think I'll send a tweet to Kobo fr to see if it's temporary as well
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:19 AM   #69
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
This has been added to the FAQs even for Canada: Please note: You won’t be able to purchase eGift cards for a while, because we’re making changes to improve the Kobo Store. Check back in a few months for our new eGift cards!
MONTHS? What are they thinking? They're losing sales because of this...it's a PITA to keep hitting the credit cards for little charges. I always use PayPal so for each book I buy I have to log in to PayPal again. If I'd had to do that Black Friday I'd have quit long before I was really done buying books.

It wouldn't be so bad but there is nowhere around me that sells Kobo gift cards. If I could run to Target and buy one it would be a pain since that's 25 miles away (everything is 25 miles away at best, nearest really large city is 90 miles) but at least they'd be available!

If they had a cart system like Books on Board (RIP) had that'd be a little better but since Amazon and Nook don't I don't see that happening any time soon.

Last edited by selina4books; 06-28-2013 at 08:22 AM.
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #70
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Agreed, Selina. Months?!

I'm not about to pay one-at-a-time transaction fees on my credit card. It's just supporting my taking my business to Smashwords and Angus & Robertson (an Australian outlet), which do have a cart system for purchases, and sell epubs not kepubs. I can do without Kobo's control freaki-deakiness anyway.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #71
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
MONTHS?? Wow... Kobo really don't seem to have any idea of the damage even just a few months can do to their customer retention. Seems like very bad timing for them to do it now, when they have been pushing the reduced-price Mini and others. You want new customers to jump straight in and get used to using the cards (and know that the feature is there)! Not leave them wandering around in the dark, tempted to jump over to Kindle.

Having said that, I've been noticing the Kobo gift cards popping up at several retailers up here (Safeway, London Drugs), so I have other options than the e-card.
teija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #72
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
...and sell epubs not kepubs. I can do without Kobo's control freaki-deakiness anyway.
I assume you realize that you can download almost all books from Kobo as regular epubs rather than kepubs if you want?
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #73
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Has anyone in the US seen Kobo cards in store? The only places listed on Kobo's site that sell them are Best Buy and Frye's. A search of both websites comes up empty on them having those gift cards.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #74
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Call your local Family Christan Store. They might have Kobo cards.

http://www.familychristian.com/storelocator/
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #75
alclubb
alclubb began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Best Buy in the United States does not carry them and I couldn't find them at Fry's either. According to Kobohelp on Twitter, they still don't know when or if the online gift cards will be available. I just asked about this yesterday. I wanted to switch from my Nook to the Kobo Aura, but this might be a deal breaker for me. My family buys me gift cards so I can buy books, and this is unacceptable.
alclubb is offline   Reply With Quote