Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-15-2008, 03:24 PM   #76
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Granted: mid-flight the dinner hits your lower intestine like a ton of bricks, and you're 6th in line for the lavatory.

I wish I could fly.
Granted - you now have 27 JATO unit permanently attached to various places on your body.

I wish i had some Godiva chocolates..
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:40 PM   #77
The Skwerl
Super Skwerl
The Skwerl doesn't litterThe Skwerl doesn't litterThe Skwerl doesn't litter

Device: Sony 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Granted - you now have 27 JATO unit permanently attached to various places on your body.

I wish i had some Godiva chocolates..
Granted--you have a large box of Godiva Chocolates that has a mad wolverine laying on top of the box daring you to try and open it.

I wish I had a great running car that never breaks down.
The Skwerl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2008, 04:00 PM   #78
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skwerl View Post
Granted--you have a large box of Godiva Chocolates that has a mad wolverine laying on top of the box daring you to try and open it.

I wish I had a great running car that never breaks down.
Granted. Enjoy your new gas guzzling car with legs instead of wheels that is always thirsty for more gas.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:59 PM   #79
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Dixie .... you didn't make a wish. You are supposed to make a wish!!!
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:32 PM   #80
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Dixie .... you didn't make a wish. You are supposed to make a wish!!!
As a Texas gentleman, I'll stand in for Dixie Gal and get the ball rolling again.

I wish for a day without political ads....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2008, 08:51 PM   #81
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Sorry can't be granted!!
I wish ...
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:22 PM   #82
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
As a Texas gentleman, I'll stand in for Dixie Gal and get the ball rolling again.

I wish for a day without political ads....
Granted. You now live in the People's Republic of Maryland where everyone has had plastic surgery to look like either Mr. Obama or Mrs. Clinton.

I wish for more Terry Pratchett novels.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:19 AM   #83
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Granted. You now live in the People's Republic of Maryland where everyone has had plastic surgery to look like either Mr. Obama or Mrs. Clinton.

I wish for more Terry Pratchett novels.
Granted, but they are all DRMed

I wish my BeBook would support mobi NOW!
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:26 AM   #84
Cookie Monster
Connoisseur
Cookie Monster doesn't litterCookie Monster doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Granted, but they are all DRMed

I wish my BeBook would support mobi NOW!
Granted Moby Dick is now balanced on top of your BeBook

I wish we could successfully replace the internal combustion engine
Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:51 AM   #85
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
I wish we could successfully replace the internal combustion engine
Granted. We can replace them with the external combustion engine (aka steam engine), but we don't.

I wish people would stop feeling sorry for the overpaid bankers who've lost their jobs (I'm happy for people to be sorry for the underpaid workers who've also lost their jobs).
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:46 PM   #86
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
I wish people would stop feeling sorry for the overpaid bankers who've lost their jobs (I'm happy for people to be sorry for the underpaid workers who've also lost their jobs).
Granted. The overpaid bankers become underpaid phone support workers, and remembering how no one feels sorry for them, make all of their customners endure a living Hell over the phone. (Thanks... like we needed more of those.)

I wish I had a famous and popular patron for my novels, allowing me to sell them all for free and not have to do anything but write what I want.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:49 PM   #87
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Granted. His name is Rupert Murdoch and he has some ideas...

I wish that all the books I wanted to read were e-booked for the Kindle.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:51 PM   #88
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Granted: but Lehman Brothers buys Amazon.

Wish: I wish my next wish is exempt from wish corruption.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:14 PM   #89
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Granted. Your next wish will simply be reversed, instead. And it will take any prior attempts to trick it by pre-reversing into account, so that you really do get the reverse of what you are wishing for.

I wish Granny Weatherwax was teaching my required doctoral-level "Critical Thinking" course.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:28 PM   #90
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
I wish my next wish is exempt from wish corruption.
Granted. But the genie thought you said "I wish my next fish is exempt from fish corruption." a bit deef in one ear... so sorry. Now your fish will never die.

Is it too late to wish my famous and popular patron to be the estate of Arthur C. Clarke?
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dr. who by llounge llamas, unutterable silliness