Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 09-15-2008, 01:53 PM   #16
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
I've read a study about notes some months ago. It stated that most people read footnotes, which is not the case with endnotes. 9 out of 10 people will also read the footnote before the text where they're anchored.
I find endnotes to be a pain when they include both explanatory material and references. I really wish for a mix with endnotes only for references which I don't need or want to read unless I am looking for more info on that topic.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:39 PM   #17
KatieC721
KatieC721 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Converting Inline text notes back to footnotes

Hello!

I used this forum to convert Word footnotes to inline text notes because of formatting needs for WordPress. I am now trying to figure out how to convert the inline notes back to footnotes when an author wants to make edits in Word instead of in WordPress.

Here are the notes I wrote up:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Katie
KatieC721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2011, 01:28 PM   #18
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
If you use Word 2010, search for superscripts (Ctrl+F):

Then copy the text and hit Ctrl+Alt+F to insert a fresh footnote.
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote