Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #1126
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Due to life happening, and circumstances in general, Top of the Heap Reviews will be on an extended hiatus for the foreseeable future. Thank you for allowing us to review your books, and to talk to everyone about writing, reading, and publishing in general.

The site took off much faster than expected, and things grew to a point where we can no longer sustain the amount of work coming in, nor can we guarantee a turn around time with any certainty.

IF YOU SENT A PHYSICAL COPY, it will still be reviewed and put up on the site in the coming months however. All electronic copies will be destroyed to protect any copyright infringement of the authors that have worked so hard to get their stuff out.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

This doesn't mean I'm going to NOT do book reviews, but I am taking a GIANT step backwards. The workload became so much that reading stopped being fun, and became a chore. The last thing I want to do is lose any love of reading.

So unless it's something I REALLY want to read, I've deleted it from my computer.

Good Luck!
(I know exactly where you are coming from and that's why I just do my blogs as the mood hits me)
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #1127
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've been working on an new idea for a series and am still working out some of the 'kinks' such as average length and what age level of reader to aim for. I'm working on several science essay articles under the theme of 'How do we know.' I have a list of maybe twenty topics on this theme and have completed several drafts. The idea is to put them together in a full collection of perhaps 20K words or so. I've posted the first one - The Milky Way - in what should be near its completed form on my Bleeding Edge blog at:

http://kennyachaffin.blogspot.com/
Old 04-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #1128
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Due to life happening, and circumstances in general, Top of the Heap Reviews will be on an extended hiatus for the foreseeable future. Thank you for allowing us to review your books, and to talk to everyone about writing, reading, and publishing in general.

The site took off much faster than expected, and things grew to a point where we can no longer sustain the amount of work coming in, nor can we guarantee a turn around time with any certainty.

IF YOU SENT A PHYSICAL COPY, it will still be reviewed and put up on the site in the coming months however. All electronic copies will be destroyed to protect any copyright infringement of the authors that have worked so hard to get their stuff out.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

This doesn't mean I'm going to NOT do book reviews, but I am taking a GIANT step backwards. The workload became so much that reading stopped being fun, and became a chore. The last thing I want to do is lose any love of reading.

So unless it's something I REALLY want to read, I've deleted it from my computer.
Sorry to hear you got overwhelmed, Joe, and I'm glad to have received the wonderful reviews you gave me. Remember, you've still got a free ROGO book coming your way, to read for your own pleasure if not for review. Don't ever let anything diminish your joy of reading! Take care of yourself.
sgoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #1129
SidneyW
Zealot
SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I shared the teaser for an interesting new series of horror shorts on my blog yesterday.

http://sidneywilliams.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-horror-haiku-series-from-seraph.html
SidneyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #1130
bmcox
Connoisseur
bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
I posted a poem on my blog: "eliminating as much as possible the sound of me screaming."
bmcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:43 AM   #1131
M T McGuire
Addict
M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Hello there,

Two things this week. The second in my new blog series Box 010 in which I invite somebody to drop in for a chat and come up with five things they would like to see erased from existence. This week I'm talking to Simon Royale and you can find it herehttp://mtmcguire.co.uk/2013/04/10/bo...-simon-royale/.

Second thing, the Gumbee Fantasy Writers' Guild finishes its series about moments of poignancy or lurve with mine and you can find that here http://gumbeeguild.co.uk/2013/04/10/...6-m-t-mcguire/

Cheers

MTM

Last edited by M T McGuire; 04-12-2013 at 08:53 AM.
M T McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #1132
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I managed to meet Hugh Howey briefly today at a book signing in Melbourne. I waffled on about it a bit on my review site.

I've decided to expand the output of my review site to include small fanciful articles about.... well, see if you can work it out: http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2013/0...lly-encounter/
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #1133
kennyc

Excellent Caleb! Hope all is well with everyone!
Good writing, good luck!
Old 04-13-2013, 11:46 AM   #1134
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
I've updated the maps of Ryallon, the world my fantasy series is set in.

http://ryallon.blogspot.com/2013/04/...f-ryallon.html

Last edited by John Carroll; 04-13-2013 at 11:52 AM. Reason: added image
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #1135
SidneyW
Zealot
SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Went to the University of Central Florida Book Fest yesterday and saw some true crime authors. Here's my brief blog post on it.
SidneyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #1136
kennyc

I posted a new science essay on my Bleeding Edge blog called "Evolution, Then?"

http://kennyachaffin.blogspot.com/

Enjoy!
Old 04-21-2013, 08:31 AM   #1137
Mel Comley
Addict
Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
My hectic and exciting week in a nutshell.

http://melcomley.blogspot.fr/2013/04...-nutshell.html
Mel Comley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:28 PM   #1138
rwillmer
luzme.com
rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPhone, iPad
Price Alerts for your Goodreads 'To-Read' list at Luzme

Hi there

If you have a Goodreads 'To-Read' list and would like emails when the ebooks' prices change, signup for a (free) account at Luzme.

http://luzme.com

Same for Amazon wishlists too...

Countries: USA, UK, Canada, Australia, India

Stores: Amazon, Apple, BN, Kobo, Google, Sony, Smashwords, etc.

Give it a go, you might save some money on your next ebook

Rachel
rwillmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #1139
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
On eBook Reading Systems

Hi all,

I would like to mention a Web page where I put some notes about eBooks and Reading System:

http://www.albertopettarin.it/rs.html

In particular, if you are a RS implementer, you might find some useful ideas for your RS. Feel free to comment in this thread.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #1140
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Going to do a massive overhaul of my site and get things back in order.

I have a few books on my list that I want to do, but other than that, I'm going to start fresh...I'll keep a few reviews and interviews up that I quite enjoyed, and then go from there!

I really want to get back into reading again, and really needed this break..it was getting to be way too much!!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, altsheler, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, automated processing, automatic conversion, bible, blog, blogs, book club, book reviewers, book tour, books, bookscanner, calibre, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, creepy, crime, crime fiction, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebook conversion, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub, epub fire, epub kindle fire, epub3, ereader apps, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspiration, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, murder mystery, new crime novel, no drm, opds, parsina press, pdf, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reader, reading list, review, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, scary stories, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, short stories, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, suspense, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing