Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
fanoI
Connoisseur
fanoI began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
I cannot connect in WI-FI

Hi to all as the subjects says I cannot connet to my router!

The router is a DGN-3500 I've tried to leave WI-FI opened and reader doesn't connect, but it sees the router if I scan the WI-FI network if I click connect it doesn't nothing.

I've tried with the easy way "the WPS PIN" thing but reader after 15% of the progress bar automatically reboot!
The WPS button that should be the simplest seems bugged I press the software button on the Netgear then OK on the reader, but the Netgear continue to move the progress bar waiting for the device and then I get this:

Code:
WPS procedure has timed out.
Failed to add a wireless client to the network in 2 minutes.
Please check whether the client supports the WPS function.
I've tried then to create a secure connection using WEP but it doesn't try to connect
in any case !

Probably is an issue of my router that is extremely bugged or some of you had the same problem?

How to solve?
fanoI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Try rebooting your router first (I know it' s a pain but it may help). 9 times out of 10 rebooting the router fixes the issue. Even it if it is working with everything else on your network.

I don't find using the WPS button does much (I seldom use it on anything).

Try turning the wifi off on the reader. Then click it back on and go into manage settings to make sure you are trying to connect to the correct wireless ID. If you have a password for it (are you sure that you are using WEP and not WPA?)
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #3
fanoI
Connoisseur

Nothint to do, I've tried in any way... WPS does nothing, manual says "Memorized this device" when I select connect (?) then it says "disconnected->now scanning->disconnected".

As PRS-T2 is the first device that I connect in WI-FI probably my router doesn't work at this point or there's some form of incompatibility

P.S. After rooting there are is the possibility to install other connect utility? The Sony one seems to don't make any sense
Old 04-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #4
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Double check that your router also doesn't have a "whitelist" where it only allows MAC addresses that you added to the list. Even if the router is unsecured and open, if the whitelist is still active, it won't allow the connection. Disable the whitelist and connect to get the MAC address the easiest, or enter it manually if the device specifies what it is.

I ran into that with the Kobo Glo until I decided to dig deeper in the router options, I totally forgot it was capable of setting up a whitelist and that I did indeed do it.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:00 AM   #5
fanoI
Connoisseur

It works! I'm sending this from the Reader itself! Yes my routed had ACL enabled...

Sadly the Browser is barely unusable... all is "washed out", is difficult to zoom and to write... I hope that after having rooted the device there are better browsers to install!
Old 04-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #6
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
The browsers are there mainly to purchase books. Remember websites are in color and they may not look good at all when displayed in black and white.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote