Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-13-2013, 12:33 PM   #1
sugarmousejones
sugarmousejones began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
Replacement Kindle: Lock Screen & Volume slider? App data?

Apologies if all these questions have been asked already. I got my first Kindle 14 months ago and this forum was invaluable at helping me get the most out of it.

There were two non-Amazon apps that I loved. One was a slider bar that could have varying degrees of color/opacity and moved to different areas of the screen. The other was an app that had an icon that looked like a lock - I kept it on my home screen to shut down the screen with a touch.

For various reasons, those original versions are not working for me. Either they're no longer available or I can't figure out how to use Google Play/1mobile.

My question is: what similar apps are folks using now? I really need both of them back! (in some form or another).

This is a simple-headed yes/no question. Does the data from my apps transfer to the new device? For example, is the Smurf Village my kids slaved over forever permanently gone and they have to start from square one?
sugarmousejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #2
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
I think you are thinking of these 2 apps, at least these are the ones I use on my Kindle Fires and they work great.

Volume Control:
http://www.amazon.com/RubberSoft-Vol...volume+control

Screen Dim:
http://www.amazon.com/Omega-Centauri...rds=screen+dim
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote