Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #1
KateGould
KateGould began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
refining title type

When I try to open an epub file built with sigil on kindle previewer, it says it's failed to compile it and "Error(opfparser):E20006: There are more than one title defined in OPF metadata. But none of them is refined with "title-type" as "main" title. Refer http://idpf.org/epub/30/spec/epub30-...ec-opf-dctitle for more info."

I follow the steps given at this link and insert "<meta property="title-type" refines="title">main</meta>" after the title.

The validation results say "property" and "refines" aren't allowed attributes of the <meta> element and that "content" and "name" are missing from it.

How do I get round this? I'm using Sigil 0.7.1.

Kate
KateGould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Sigil uses (and validates) ePub 2, not ePub 3. While you can have multiple titles with ePub 2, maybe the Kindle previewer doesn't support them in that way.
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #3
KateGould

Thanks Jellby! I've only got one title in the document and metadata. It seems to work on kindle and the previewer if I just insert "<meta property="title-type" refines="title">main</meta>" after the title and ignore the objection in the sigil validation.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
What version of Kindle Previewer are you using? Have you set any options to tell it you are using an EPUB 3 file?

You really shouldn't need to manually add that meta tag, unless Amazon has changed something, which of course is entirely possible I do remember reading that Amazon was starting to allow processing of EPUB 3 files, but not that they required any EPUB 3 syntax.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #5
KateGould

Thanks Meme! I didn't have this problem until kindle previewer updated itself to the newest version so I assume it has something to do with that. I can't immediately see anything different, but I agree amazon might well have changed something. I'll email their IT lot and see if they've got any suggestions.

PS Your User Guide and Tutorials are fantastic, by the way.

Tags
title, title-type