Notices

Old 08-08-2008, 08:53 PM   #16
Canterbury Tail
Enthusiast
Canterbury Tail began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I did purchse a Mobipocket eBook that required a username/password to be able to be viewed. MobiDeDEM 0.01 and 0.02 did not work to remove the DRM. Someone suggested I try using Mobipocket Reader to send it to another device and then use that copy to remove the DRM. I sent it to my SD card in my card reader and the resulting copy didn't need the username/password any longer. So MobiDeDRM was then able to remove the DRM.
And this advice just saved my bacon today. I'd never have thought of it. Thank you.
Canterbury Tail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:38 PM   #17
SirWill
SirWill began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Always get error

I always get the following error...

Error: invalid encryption type: 0

I've tried several books. All of them came through the Amazon Kindle store.

I've tried 01, 02, and the patch to 02...

Any Ideas?
SirWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 08:45 PM   #18
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWill View Post

Any Ideas?
pdurrant has posted corrections to the original mobidedrm script which, I believe, address that problem. Have you incorporated his changes?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...142#post222142
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:39 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

Any Ideas?
Are they AZW, AZW1, or TPZ? AZW1 and TPZ are Topaz and you cannot bremove the DRM. Also, did you run kindlepid.py to get the PID of your Kindle? You need to run that first to get the PID. Then you should be able to run mobidedrm.py. Not sure which version you'll need if you have not yet applied the latest (so far working) patches to 0.02.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 05:37 AM   #20
SeTeVeElCarton
SeTeVeElCarton began at the beginning.

Device: Gemstar 2150
Quote:

Any Ideas?
hmm.. "encryption type 0" should be no encryption at all!
You sure this ebook is drmed? may be it's not and you need only convert to mobipocket
SeTeVeElCarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:09 AM   #21
SirWill
SirWill began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeTeVeElCarton View Post
hmm.. "encryption type 0" should be no encryption at all!
You sure this ebook is drmed? may be it's not and you need only convert to mobipocket
Gee, what a concept. I was under the impression that all Amazon Kindle downloads had DRM in them. I did buy this book at Amazon, and sure enough it appears that I was able to convert it to html with no issues at all, and do what ever I want with it.

And it was an .azw book by the way. (Though I did notice 1 .azw1 book on my kindle the other day..)

Thanks for the heads up on that error.
SirWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:52 PM   #22
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
AZW can be DRM or not. AZW1 is the topaz format (sometimes has a TPZ extension) and to my knowledge always has DRM. Non DRM AZW is basically the same as MOBI. See wiki for more details.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 05:33 PM   #23
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
A DRM'd book I bought this week didn't work with the deDRMer, but you know, I'm sort of inept. It probably is my fault that it didn't work. I got the front cover one time and some pages another time, but never all and never at the same time. Remember, I'm inept, so I blame it not working on a user error.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mobidedrm