Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-24-2013, 12:31 AM   #35731
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
We have dust bunnies. Like cat hair "tumbleweeds," but they multiply much faster!

Right now I'm trying to do a better job of learning word processors. I always used text editors and formatters in the past, but I need to use a word processor now, and I'm tired of fighting the tide.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:33 AM   #35732
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I've heard that you have to get those suckers right between the eyes, 'cuz they often charge if only wounded...
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
They have eyes???
How else could they be able to follow you? They certainly don't have ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
We have dust bunnies. Like cat hair "tumbleweeds," but they multiply much faster!
Right! It's the eyes! That's how they can recognize their mate!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #35733
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Stitchawl
Old 02-24-2013, 08:26 PM   #35734
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Lol! A dog for pooh!

Prof crash, in case you missed it, I put the banana bread in the recipes section
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #35735
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Thanks!

So tired of being sick
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:43 PM   #35736
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:

Stitchawl
Can I borrow him if I see another "spider"?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:32 AM   #35737
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Trying to wake up after a night where I don't feel I've really slept. I'm glad I did some work on Sunday and I only have to work until 2pm or when the supplier that comes today is done and leaves, whatever comes last. After that it's nap-time .
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:09 AM   #35738
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Bemoaning what may be a broken little finger... Hurts like the devil, is turning a horrible shade of blue/black, and I think I'm going to have to cancel my violin performance at the White House tomorrow...

In my zeal for getting the work done today, I misjudged where I had place the ladder, swung my hand up to stabilize myself, and smashed it into the top of a doorway! Alternating ice and heat for the next two hours enabled me to soldier on and get the remaining shoji papered and veranda cleaned and re-arranged to make a better winter display through the sliding glass doors in the dinning room, but I think by tomorrow my poor little finger is going to be a poor BIG finger... Oh well... I still have nine other ones.

Stitchawl
Old 02-26-2013, 04:56 AM   #35739
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Bemoaning what may be a broken little finger ... I misjudged ... and smashed it into the top of a doorway!
OUch!

Quote:
... Oh well... I still have nine other ones....
Good thing you were carrying some spares!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:08 AM   #35740
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Bemoaning what may be a broken little finger... Hurts like the devil, is turning a horrible shade of blue/black, and I think I'm going to have to cancel my violin performance at the White House tomorrow...

In my zeal for getting the work done today, I misjudged where I had place the ladder, swung my hand up to stabilize myself, and smashed it into the top of a doorway! Alternating ice and heat for the next two hours enabled me to soldier on and get the remaining shoji papered and veranda cleaned and re-arranged to make a better winter display through the sliding glass doors in the dinning room, but I think by tomorrow my poor little finger is going to be a poor BIG finger... Oh well... I still have nine other ones.

Stitchawl
Did something similar a while back pulling a skirting board off the wall, and it wouldn't come loose. I pulled so hard it suddenly snapped free and whacked full on into my rigid fingers. The shock was immense, and for a while I lost touch with reality. My hand wasn't the same for weeks.

My sympathies are with you. Especially as you have 5 fingered hands. Do you have thumbs as well, or are they missing?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:36 AM   #35741
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
OUch!
Good thing you were carrying some spares!
Just like Karl Maulden used to say... I never leave home without 'em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Did something similar a while back pulling a skirting board off the wall, and it wouldn't come loose. I pulled so hard it suddenly snapped free and whacked full on into my rigid fingers. The shock was immense, and for a while I lost touch with reality. My hand wasn't the same for weeks.
I would have been very happy to have the 'reform' people in to completely prepare the house for sale. I enjoy watching people do good work. I've moved too many times to get any joy from doing it all myself. I know I 'can' do it, and I don' wanna do it any more! (Can you hear the whine in my voice?) But... my wife says, 'Golly, dear, we can save $2,000 if we do it ourselves, so why not? '

Spoiler:
Actually, what she said was, 'if you think you're going to spend $2,000 to let a couple of people come in and do what we can do ourselves in two days, you're f$#kin nuts!' So here I sit on the fifth day of home repair and regeneration, knowing we've still got at least two more full days of work ahead of us... but if I say a word about it I'm a dead man.

Quote:
My sympathies are with you. Especially as you have 5 fingered hands. Do you have thumbs as well, or are they missing?
Oh, I have thumbs also. A few of 'em... on my right hand. Not as many on my left. Did you want an accurate count?

Stitchawl
Old 02-26-2013, 06:38 AM   #35742
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Oh, I have thumbs also. A few of 'em... on my right hand. Not as many on my left. Did you want an accurate count?
No need to tax yourself. I know, like me, numbers aren't your strong point .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #35743
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Hey stitch! Since you are getting everything all beautiful, you should give us a photo tour!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:04 AM   #35744
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Product researching and price comparing. I (still) need to get a scanner and I also want a colour laser printer. I'm now looking if getting an all-in-one is cheaper, it would at least take up less space than two devices.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #35745
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I'm infecting all the threads in the lounge. *ACHOO* *SNORT* *ACK*

Mibsesrsy lubs company! *HONK*
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?