Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #76
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I use an app actually called screen filter for reading apps that don't allow me to change the font color now. Ideally I like a sharp green text on black background, though for a while I did use a darkish magenta. I've been using the kindle app a lot lately for library books, so the screen filter comes in handy. I think AMOLED will suit me well.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #77
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Me too haha
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2013, 11:15 PM   #78
JxK
Enthusiast
JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, NC CM 7.2
I used to use screen filter, but I've found a better alternative called ScreenDim Full. Unlike screen filter which merely uses a gray overlay, screendim actually dims your screen below minimum brightness. Very useful for reading in darker surroundings.
JxK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:01 AM   #79
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I tried screendim before I found screen filter, but it didn't dim my phone any further than the normal min brightness. I have been meaning to try it on my transformer though. Actually I might use both even if it does work. My transformer is very, very bright. Nice in daylight, not so much at night.

I'm not sure how much life my phone has in it, and that's my primary reader. If my transformer does have to stand in until I get a note, I'll need to do something to make night reading more comfy.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:34 AM   #80
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JxK View Post
I used to use screen filter, but I've found a better alternative called ScreenDim Full. Unlike screen filter which merely uses a gray overlay, screendim actually dims your screen below minimum brightness. Very useful for reading in darker surroundings.
Unless it has been changed, it doesn't always lower the brightness below the min level of the device (at least, it didn't work on my Flyer when I tried it).
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2013, 12:03 PM   #81
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Marseilles View Post
I tried screendim before I found screen filter, but it didn't dim my phone any further than the normal min brightness. I have been meaning to try it on my transformer though. Actually I might use both even if it does work. My transformer is very, very bright. Nice in daylight, not so much at night.

I'm not sure how much life my phone has in it, and that's my primary reader. If my transformer does have to stand in until I get a note, I'll need to do something to make night reading more comfy.
I use the app Lux on my S3, it lets me lower the brightness below the minimum the phone would go to with default settings. Also it lets you set your own brightness curve, as I find the default is too bright for my taste.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:28 AM   #82
forsooth
tec montage
forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindles, lenovo, chromebook, mobiles
virtuosi of light!
forsooth is offline   Reply With Quote