Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-29-2013, 06:08 AM   #61
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
I love my note 2!
How much book reading (if any) do you do on it? Do you use if for actually taking notes/writing?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:26 AM   #62
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
How much book reading (if any) do you do on it? Do you use if for actually taking notes/writing?
Yeah, I take all my class notes on it. The s pen is very responsive and is very good at handwriting recognition. I rarely use it to read books since I'm catching up on my dead tree reads.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2013, 06:35 AM   #63
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Thanks wynd...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:57 AM   #64
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I put some books on my mother's Note II. I also installed Aldiko as reader (I had forgotten that Mantano has a free version as well...). I think I could read on it for a long time.

About the pen, I thought it was a tad too thin to hold comfortably. And I prefer the HTC Evernote app I have on my Flyer over the app on the Note II... (but that could be because I'm used to that very much...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #65
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I recently lost my s-pen, so I went to purchase one from the Samsung site. They're out of stock, but third party vendors will sell you one for a hefty price. My theory is these vendors are stealing pens and selling them with at a high price,...that can be the only way to explain the epidemic of lost s-pen. :P

On a serious note, one of the first posts I made in my review of the device was how usable the OS is without a pen. This has proven to be a huge benefit since I'm without my s-pen. If this happened on my window phone I would have been lost.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2013, 01:37 PM   #66
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Do you have a cat? I always figured my cat was responsible for making sure I only had one of each sock.

I seem to recall that, though they won't fit in the silo, there are other wacom stylii that will work with the note's screen tech. Can't really recall specifics, but there might be a cheaper spare stylus you could use temporarily while you waterboard kitty for info, if you still want one.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #67
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
I always thought it was the Underpants Gnomes!
Wacom Penabled MP200 works with the GN.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:02 PM   #68
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Marseilles View Post
Do you have a cat? I always figured my cat was responsible for making sure I only had one of each sock.
LOL have children, and they are far more disastrous than any pets /pest their redeeming quality is they don't bite.... as much.

But I'll fess up it was all my fault the case I bought makes it difficult for me to secure my pen.

I ended up buying a pen from Android Central Store. They where is stock and the cheapest but they did not have the option to pick the color, I'm guessing I'll get a white pen since I have blue phone.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #69
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
I recently lost my s-pen, so I went to purchase one from the Samsung site. They're out of stock, but third party vendors will sell you one for a hefty price. My theory is these vendors are stealing pens and selling them with at a high price,...that can be the only way to explain the epidemic of lost s-pen. :P

On a serious note, one of the first posts I made in my review of the device was how usable the OS is without a pen. This has proven to be a huge benefit since I'm without my s-pen. If this happened on my window phone I would have been lost.
Do the Wacom pens work on the Note. Seems like I heard they did.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #70
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
The touch technology on the Note/Note II is by Wacom, so there's a good chance they'll work, but I can't confirm.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #71
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Only the "Penabled" technology pens work.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:13 PM   #72
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Good question I have an old wacom pen I'll have to check it out.

I know the note pen does work it just doesn't fit UN the note 2 slot
Old 02-11-2013, 12:03 AM   #73
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I saw a Note 2 in a store today. It was very alluring. Though I did do a double take when the spen didn't work on the capacitive buttons at the bottom. I think I remember someone mentioning that before, but in the moment, I was pretty perplexed at why I couldn't bring up a menu.

It was a bright store, lots of windows, so I didn't really get as good of an idea about the amoled blacks as I would have liked. I read a lot, often more at night than in the day, and less brightness off the screen couldn't hurt.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:57 AM   #74
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Marseilles View Post
I saw a Note 2 in a store today. It was very alluring. Though I did do a double take when the spen didn't work on the capacitive buttons at the bottom. I think I remember someone mentioning that before, but in the moment, I was pretty perplexed at why I couldn't bring up a menu.

It was a bright store, lots of windows, so I didn't really get as good of an idea about the amoled blacks as I would have liked. I read a lot, often more at night than in the day, and less brightness off the screen couldn't hurt.
I does seem wired at first but it does make more sense in practical uses. For instance the pen had a curser that floats under the pen. The cursor stops following the pen when you leave the screen so having the pen work outside of the screen would be awkward. Also it's really not that big of a deal, it's very easy to use a finger when holding the pen.

The black gets very dark, not a perfect black but close. I didn't realize how dark AMOLED got until I compared my phone vs. the nook. The nook was quiet a bit brighter. Two things I've done to get the screen to emit as little light as possible, is to use moon reader and set the fonts to dark grey.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:44 AM   #75
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
I use a screen filter app to get the screen to dim even more
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote