Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #226
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxexpert View Post
So it seems to be one space on the right "uk " and if possible should be removed.
I moved the label padding from right to left.

Quote:
1. When I attach the kindle to the PC USB, I could see non English text (seems to be Czech). Is it possible to translate?
Oops, I forgot to replace Czech images tarball with the Ukrainian one. Fixed.

Quote:
2. When from "Home" I press Menu and Experimental I could see English text without translation, below where is the option to run Browser". The text starts "We are working on an experimental Web Browser. ..."
I've located the phrase and added it to translation.

Quote:
3. When I run web browser without Wi-Fi, I got not translated text "Turn Wireless On? Your Kindle wireless is turned off. Do you want to turn wireless on?
These can be found in one of the .properties files. See below.

Quote:
4. When in the option to set Time I could see not translated text "set".
I've located the text, added it to translation, and even translated it

Quote:
I have also a question about files .properties. For example, translation\com\amazon\ebook\framework\resources\S ystemMessages.properties
wn.radio.off.msg=Your Kindle wireless is turned off. Do you want to turn wireless on?
Shoud I replace it with translated text or should I add it separated by TAB?
It seems I miss that kind of translation.
Another thing I forgot to mention. Phrases from the .properties files are not reflected in translation_unfinished. Translate them by replacing the English text after = with a Ukrainian translation, no TABs in this case.
Attached Files
File Type: zip loc_ukr_3.4r3.zip (3.38 MB, 580 views)
File Type: zip loc_ukr_translation.zip (113.4 KB, 491 views)
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #227
fxexpert
fxexpert began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
I've located the text, added it to translation, and even translated it.

Quote:
I moved the label padding from right to left.
Another thing I forgot to mention. Phrases from the .properties files are not reflected in translation_unfinished. Translate them by replacing the English text after = with a Ukrainian translation, no TABs in this case.
All .properties files has been translated.

And the missed phrases has been translated also.

I hope that will be the final one.

Attached Files
File Type: zip loc_ukr_translation_ready.zip (101.0 KB, 300 views)
fxexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:12 AM   #228
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No issues this time.
You'll also find the toolbox I used to check the translation & build the hack attached. Should work in any Linux with sqlite3 and Java SDK installed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip loc_ukr_3.4r4.zip (2.43 MB, 286 views)
File Type: gz kindle-ukr.tar.gz (1.90 MB, 277 views)
Old 01-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #229
fxexpert

Quote:
No issues this time.
You'll also find the toolbox I used to check the translation & build the hack attached. Should work in any Linux with sqlite3 and Java SDK installed.
Thank you for releasing the tools to make translation. So far, r4 is almost done. The only untranslated text left is on the Experimental, text below run web browser. Also keyboard layout text (uk/en) is the same - "uk" is one symbol shifted left compared to "en"-
it looks like:
_en
uk

But as the tools is here I will try to make fix myself.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:11 AM   #230
dsmid
Linux devotee

Quote:
The only untranslated text left is on the Experimental, text below run web browser.
That's another phrase that slipped my attention. I've traced it and added. Just translate.

Quote:
Also keyboard layout text (uk/en) is the same - "uk" is one symbol shifted left compared to "en"-
it looks like:
_en
uk
My mistake, I modified the layout in the hack dir, but this file gets overwritten every time the hack is built - it's copied from the physkeyb dir, where it should be edited. Fixed.

The scripts were originally intended just for my internal use, thus they are not quite a scripting masterpiece and little bit rough around the edges
To build the hack, only translation2transjar followed by build-hack is needed, the release number can be incremented in the config file.
The scripts operating on sqlite database are useful for generating translation_unfinished tree (sqlite2translation) and for upgrading the translation when the next firmware update is released.
It's vital to have native2ascii utility installed (part of the Java SDK) otherwise the .properties files translation won't work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip loc_ukr_3.4r5.zip (2.43 MB, 249 views)
File Type: gz kindle-ukr.tar.gz (1.90 MB, 252 views)
Old 01-24-2013, 01:46 AM   #231
fxexpert

Quote:
That's another phrase that slipped my attention. I've traced it and added. Just translate.
Translated.
Quote:
My mistake, I modified the layout in the hack dir, but this file gets overwritten every time the hack is built - it's copied from the physkeyb dir, where it should be edited. Fixed.
Working fine now, thank you for fix.

Unfortunately, I did not try the tools to buid the hack, so I will ask you again for the final release.
Attached Files
File Type: zip loc_ukr_translation_ready.zip (101.1 KB, 318 views)
Old 01-24-2013, 02:42 AM   #232
dsmid
Linux devotee

Quote:
Unfortunately, I did not try the tools to buid the hack, so I will ask you again for the final release.
No problem, here you are.
Attached Files
File Type: zip loc_ukr_3.4r6.zip (2.43 MB, 547 views)
Old 01-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #233
fxexpert

Quote:
No problem, here you are.
Thanks a lot - so far everyhting is looking great!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:46 PM   #234
annakarenina
annakarenina began at the beginning.

Device: k3
please do the translation into Russian
annakarenina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:11 AM   #235
dsmid
Linux devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by annakarenina View Post
Well, I know some Russian, but not enough to localize the Kindle GUI
But anyone who knows Russian as well as English can step in and translate the texts I provided.
Then I'll be able to do the technical part and turn the translation into a hack.
Isn't DanilinS already working on it ?
Old 01-25-2013, 05:29 AM   #236
fxexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by annakarenina View Post
I could help to translate it to russian. But let's wait for news from DanilinS. If he could not I will try to start. But I could do only the translation, the final hack could build dsmin at this time.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:31 AM   #237
DanilinS
DanilinS began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Keyboard
I'm sorry, but I have slowed down the work. Absolutely no time.
DanilinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:48 AM   #238
annakarenina
annakarenina began at the beginning.

Device: k3
Quote:
I'm sorry, but I have slowed down the work. Absolutely no time.
it's a pity..
annakarenina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:08 PM   #239
lordvetinari2
Zealot
lordvetinari2 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi & Galaxy Note
dsmid: I understand that the Spanish UI is translated until 3.3 or so, and would like to update the translation to 3.4. Can you help me?
lordvetinari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:28 AM   #240
dsmid
Linux devotee

Hi lordvetinari2,
I'm sorry for my late answer, I didn't spot your post.
Is there any place where I can download Spanish localization for 3.3 ?

Tags
localization