Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-12-2013, 07:12 AM   #1
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle books not showing up in Kindle 4iPad.

I sideloaded my kindlebooks to my ipad like this: http://blog.lostartpress.com/2011/10...pad-or-iphone/
But the Kindle-books don't show up in the kindle-app.
These mostly are de-drm-ed epubs, converted to azw3.
I have used this method of sideloading with other reading-apps with succes (epubs to Marvin and Bluefire). What went wrong? Thanks!

Last edited by Joy736; 01-12-2013 at 07:33 AM.
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Could be the azw3 format. Try converting to mobi.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #3
pachobv
pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindlePaperwhite
Hi, i just converted an epub book to mobi using Calibre and the i send it to my user@kindle.com account, i get the book on my kindle paperwhite, but i can't downloaded neither in my mac, my ipod, or my windows phone using kindle app.

Any ideas whats happening?
pachobv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:05 PM   #4
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachobv View Post
Hi, i just converted an epub book to mobi using Calibre and the i send it to my user@kindle.com account, i get the book on my kindle paperwhite, but i can't downloaded neither in my mac, my ipod, or my windows phone using kindle app.
Each device has its own user@kindle address. You should use a Send to Kindle app instead. This will keep the document on your Amazon account, and then it can be downloaded to all of your devices through the apps. Make sure you check the option on the app that says "Archive document in your Kindle library."
Old 01-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #5
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy736 View Post
I sideloaded my kindlebooks to my ipad like this: http://blog.lostartpress.com/2011/10...pad-or-iphone/
I have used this method of sideloading with other reading-apps with succes (epubs to Marvin and Bluefire). What went wrong? Thanks!
Make sure you are looking in the proper place on the app. Check "documents" instead of "books" as sideloaded books go to your personal documents folder.
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Does the iOS Kindle app recognize the azw3 extension? Perhaps rename the extension to .prc (or maybe .mobi) and they'll be recognized. Note it's just a guess as I've never sideloaded the way you mention. All of my books are in my DropBox so I just load them from there.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Does Kindle for iPad support KF8?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:07 AM   #8
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Does Kindle for iPad support KF8?
That's a good question and google doesn't come up with anything. I just assumed it would, because it's the current amazon format. Books in this format that I buy at Amazon and send directly to my ipad are fine.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:39 PM   #9
pidgeon92
Wizard

So, have you tried converting to mobi instead?
Old 01-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
That's a good question and google doesn't come up with anything. I just assumed it would, because it's the current amazon format. Books in this format that I buy at Amazon and send directly to my ipad are fine.
When you make an eBook using the current Kindlegen, it makes a combined KF8 & Mobi eBook. You then send that to Amazon. The customer buys the eBook and gets sent either the KF8 (if the Kindle or app supports KF8) version. If not, you get sent the Mobi version. So your iPad could be receiving the Mobi version.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:38 AM   #11
Joy736
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
When you make an eBook using the current Kindlegen, it makes a combined KF8 & Mobi eBook. You then send that to Amazon. The customer buys the eBook and gets sent either the KF8 (if the Kindle or app supports KF8) version. If not, you get sent the Mobi version. So your iPad could be receiving the Mobi version.
Ah, I see. Thanks for explaining.