Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #16
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
A picture I took yesterday:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1542S.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	265.3 KB
ID:	99089  
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #17
HaggisMacJedi
Zealot
HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 4, iPhone 4
WHO CARES?

If you like the current iPhone, buy it. If you like the current Samsung device, buy it. Who cares what others think of your device? If you enjoy it, then enjoy it happily. There's no need to sell your soul to one manufacturer or the other, and there's also no need to argue about who made more, etc etc unless you are the marketing director for one of the companies.

Discussions like this resemble middle school jocks whipping out their privates and bragging about who's junk is biggest, and ultimately no one cares, though bystanders do get a good laugh at their expense. Have fun showing off your junk.
HaggisMacJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #18
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaggisMacJedi View Post
WHO CARES?

If you like the current iPhone, buy it. If you like the current Samsung device, buy it. Who cares what others think of your device? If you enjoy it, then enjoy it happily. There's no need to sell your soul to one manufacturer or the other, and there's also no need to argue about who made more, etc etc unless you are the marketing director for one of the companies.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #19
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
WHO CARES?

Discussions like this resemble middle school jocks whipping out their privates and bragging about who's junk is biggest, and ultimately no one cares, though bystanders do get a good laugh at their expense. Have fun showing off your junk.
Actually there is very good and serious social and psychological research that supports this behavior. So while you may not care, others may and it is a social environment in which these things happen. Very much like the witch trials or social shunning, stoning, you know, that sort of thing. It is important social bonding stuff.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #20
GadgetMan
Banned
GadgetMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GadgetMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GadgetMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GadgetMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GadgetMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GadgetMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GadgetMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GadgetMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GadgetMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GadgetMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GadgetMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles, iPads, Kobo, Nexus 7 and many others
Quote:
WHO CARES?

Hi.. this is a good question... The Apple dominate share is sliding.. I think the discussions on this subject is good... maybe people that own a iPhone 5 like me don't like it.. but I have to say my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is better in many respects compared to my iPhone 5.. I own both... but my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is better.. I hardly ever pick up my iPhone 5 anymore.. the screen is too small compared to the Note 2.. my iPhone 5 now looks like a old time phone..
DG
GadgetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #21
GadgetMan
Banned
GadgetMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GadgetMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GadgetMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GadgetMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GadgetMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GadgetMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GadgetMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GadgetMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GadgetMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GadgetMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GadgetMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles, iPads, Kobo, Nexus 7 and many others
I must add.. I bet Apple comes out with a bigger iPhone screen size (at least 5 inch soon).. if they don't they are going to be in big trouble.. .. Tim Cook included.. if I was Tim Cook I would be taking lots of Fish Oil Vitamins..
DG

Last edited by GadgetMan; 01-09-2013 at 09:08 PM.
GadgetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #22
kennyc

Tim who?
Old 01-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #23
K. Molen
Addict
K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 3, Nexus 10, Nexus 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Tim who?
The new Apple CEO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetMan View Post
if I was Tim Cook I would be taking lots of Fish Oil Vitamins..
Huh? Fish oil vitamins? I don't get it.
K. Molen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:42 AM   #24
kennyc

It's a joke, okay.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #25
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Molen View Post
Huh? Fish oil vitamins? I don't get it.
It's good for the brain
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #26
K. Molen
Addict
K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 3, Nexus 10, Nexus 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
It's good for the brain
And the heart, I know. I just don't get the joke.

Tim Cook need vitamins that's good for brain and heart functions, just so he can think clearly and make good decisions?

Maybe I'm overthinking it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
It's a joke, okay.
Clearly I have no sense of humour.
K. Molen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #27
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Fish Oil is great brain stimulant. The old saying goes "you better take your Fish Oil".
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #28
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Molen View Post
Clearly I have no sense of humour.
I would suggest you hold off on your self-assessment until someone posts something that's actually funny.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #29
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetMan View Post
my iPhone 5 now looks like a old time phone..
DG
What does that even mean? Personally, I have never purchased anything because it looks "new, and modern." I buy things based on my needs and how well the device (or thing) fulfills that need. I use OSX and iOS devices only, thus, it just makes sense for me to have an iPhone for integration.

By the way... before I got the iPhone 5 my phone was an old "flip-phone." So old, ATT had to contact me to upgrade when they upgraded the network. It wouldn't support 3g. But that old dumb phone still worked great!
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #30
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Okay - nothing new here. Move on! This subject has been hashed out ad nauseum almost the whole summer and fall.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote