Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
renswic
Enthusiast
renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: 2018 PW4
Kindle fire HD help needed

My wife and kids got me a KFHD 7in for Christmas and while im more inclined to use it as a tablet my wife wants me give it a honest try as an ereader as well.

Now on my K4NT I have all my 300+ books in collections(some by author, some by series name). I know loading them on the KFHD they show up under docs unless I use caliber to change it, how ever I want my collections back, there's no way I'll deal with scrolling through 300+ books to find the next one in a series(not a big hassle when a series is by one author, but a few of mine have 4+ authors writing the series).

There any way to do it by collections like my K4NT and with out having to go into ES File Explorer?
renswic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Some people use Calibre to sort collection... Maybe they pop in & explain How LOL Me I just line them up in the carosel.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
You can arrange all of them in Favorites in any order you want.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:57 PM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You could also leave them in the Cloud & Only download the Series you are currently reading. IF we talking about ALL being Amazon Purchases that is AND IF we are then You can get a Free App that Will do Collections. It Looks like a Bookshelf!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:23 PM   #5
renswic
Enthusiast
renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
You could also leave them in the Cloud & Only download the Series you are currently reading. IF we talking about ALL being Amazon Purchases that is AND IF we are then You can get a Free App that Will do Collections. It Looks like a Bookshelf!
That's not a bad idea. I''ll give the cloud idea a try.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #6
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

http://www.amazon.com/Collections-fo...f=pd_sim_mas_3

I Tried this app BUT was dissapointed that it ONLY Organised my Kindle ebooks from Amazon.... But it worked great for them !
Old 12-31-2012, 09:56 PM   #7
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Lots of bad reviews on this app

Quote:
http://www.amazon.com/Collections-fo...f=pd_sim_mas_3

I Tried this app BUT was dissapointed that it ONLY Organised my Kindle ebooks from Amazon.... But it worked great for them !
I took a look at that page and noticed lots of one star reviews. Sudden stoppage of the app and reinstallation was necessary for many users.

There were 20 one star reviews versus 8 five star reviews.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #8
renswic
Enthusiast

Quote:
Ok after 2 hours all of my books had been uploaded to the cloud. Happly open Docs on the KFHD and less then 30 of them show up in cloud

If it maters most of theire file names end in .mobi including the ones that show up.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #9
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Then in that case I would suggest you use the Favs to sort the order you want to read them in.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #10
renswic
Enthusiast

Quote:
Then in that case I would suggest you use the Favs to sort the order you want to read them in.
I ended up just dropping them into the docs folder in their organized glory and access them via es file explorer.

On a side note it was kinda nice being able to read in bed this morning without needing a light and risking my wife's fury. I'll have to borrow her laptop and see if I can find ways to fix the other 2 small annoyances I have.