Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #1
brightjh01
brightjh01 began at the beginning.

Device: Acer A500,nook
Talking Getting book list takes hours

Calibre see my A500 and start to get the book list and it takes hours to do. is there any way to config calibre to only check a few dir like ebook,LumiBooks, Kindle and not the hold device?

other then that the program is great love that i can use it on linux and windows
brightjh01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightjh01 View Post
Calibre see my A500 and start to get the book list and it takes hours to do. is there any way to config calibre to only check a few dir like ebook,LumiBooks, Kindle and not the hold device?
I limit the directories scanned by connecting to calibre wirelessly via the Calibre Companion android app. I have about 2050 books on my device and when I connect to calibre it takes around 80 seconds to scan the directories specified by me and update the metadata on all 2050 existing books on my device. The app also lets me put ePubs, mobi, pdf files etc.. in directories I designate.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
brightjh01
brightjh01 began at the beginning.

Device: Acer A500,nook
thanks that worked
brightjh01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:23 PM   #4
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
I have the same question -- is there a way to do this without Calibre Companion? I'm fine with plugging my tablet in, and I wish to limit Calibre to either

a) Scan only the directory I choose or
b) Scan for only particular file extensions

As it is, it detects a bunch of junk files as "ebooks" on my tablet.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:01 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik View Post
I have the same question -- is there a way to do this without Calibre Companion? I'm fine with plugging my tablet in, and I wish to limit Calibre to either

a) Scan only the directory I choose or
b) Scan for only particular file extensions

As it is, it detects a bunch of junk files as "ebooks" on my tablet.
Not currently.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:24 AM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Or install 0.9.11 ...

Quote:
  • When connecting to MTP devices such as the Kindle Fire HD or the Nook HD, speed up the process by ignoring some folders.
calibre will now ignore folders for music, video, pictures, etc. when scanning the device. This can substantially speed up the connection process if you have thousands of non-ebook files on the device. The list of folders to be ignored can be customized by right clicking on the device icon in calibre and selecting 'Configure this device'.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #7
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Nice! I just installed 0.9.10 yesterday, and I wake up to "problem solved!"

EDIT: Works perfectly, thanks!

Last edited by Kralik; 12-21-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #8
Gdzhlpr
Connoisseur
Gdzhlpr began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Or install 0.9.11 ...
it would be nice to have the ability to scan the drilled down folder as Kindle app puts the books here:

SD card/Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/files/

I can only choose the parent folder in calibre therefore I have every text file that is in a sub directory loaded upon connection.

Unless you have a work around to change the folder for the kindle app
Gdzhlpr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a500, andriod, getting book list