Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-10-2012, 06:53 AM   #1
Andy Sinden
Andy Sinden began at the beginning.

Device: pc
Contents screen on right not all showing all items in Sigil

I have a long contents list and only the beginning portion shows on the right hand screen in Sigil. Can I scroll down the list or load the next items into that portion of screen somehow? The function may be there, but i can't see one.
Andy Sinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Sinden View Post
I have a long contents list and only the beginning portion shows on the right hand screen in Sigil. Can I scroll down the list or load the next items into that portion of screen somehow? The function may be there, but i can't see one.
Clicking on a contents item loads that page (if the contents link is correct )

You can always double-click on any item in the book browser, to have it load.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #3
Andy Sinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Clicking on a contents item loads that page (if the contents link is correct )

You can always double-click on any item in the book browser, to have it load.
thanks, but loading the pages isn't the problem. The contents screen on the right only shows around 15% of my total contents, i need to be able to see them all, in order to load the pages i want to work on. How can I scroll down the list?
Old 12-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #4
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@theducks - the default screen on the right hand side is the "Table of Contents", not the Book Browser. Sounds like they need to do a TOC generation...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@theducks - the default screen on the right hand side is the "Table of Contents", not the Book Browser. Sounds like they need to do a TOC generation...
Decoding users questions can be fun
I thought he wanted access the section, I gave both sides.

Not all TOC items listed, would be what you said.
The TOC needs to be generated. If the still don't appear, the chapters don't have a H# tag (Uniformity of H# highly recommended)
Old 12-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #6
Andy Sinden

Quote:
Decoding users questions can be fun
I thought he wanted access the section, I gave both sides.

Not all TOC items listed, would be what you said.
The TOC needs to be generated. If the still don't appear, the chapters don't have a H# tag (Uniformity of H# highly recommended)
Thanks guys. My TOC works fine in Calibre, and the first 50 lines show as they should in Sigil. I just need to move down past the 50th, through all the contents to see all the other items alphabetically in the contents list.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #7
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
The Table of Contents window has a scrollbar on its right if there are more entries than can fit in the window. So if your TOC contains the entries, then you should be able to scroll to see them all. You can right-click on the TOC window and select Expand All in case some are hidden in a hierarchy.

A screenshot might help solve this quicker
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #8
Andy Sinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
The Table of Contents window has a scrollbar on its right if there are more entries than can fit in the window. So if your TOC contains the entries, then you should be able to scroll to see them all. You can right-click on the TOC window and select Expand All in case some are hidden in a hierarchy.

A screenshot might help solve this quicker
Thanks Meme. The scroll bar works fine. It moves so I can see the last 16 entries from the first 50 lines in my contents. Already tried the expand, but no joy.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #9
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Ok, so I'm lost. Is it working for you or not? Sounds like you can scroll and see your whole TOC right? And if its not working - what exactly is not working - and please attach a screenshot to avoid guessing.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #10
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Thanks guys. My TOC works fine in Calibre, and the first 50 lines show as they should in Sigil. I just need to move down past the 50th,
There's a Calibre default for the max number of TOC links to convert = 50

-max-toc-links
Maximum number of links to insert into the TOC. Set to 0 to disable. Default is: 50. Links are only added to the TOC if less than the threshold number of chapters were detected.

Don't have it on this PC, but the setting is (as I recall) on the TOC screen under convert

Paul
phossler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #11
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
I have seen over a hundred on my machine by the time I showed all the subheads.

I suspect phossler is right in that they were not converted in the first place.

It can be easily demonstrated by marking some text with header tags and telling Sigil to generate a TOC and counting the entries.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
I have seen over a hundred on my machine by the time I showed all the subheads.

I suspect phossler is right in that they were not converted in the first place.

It can be easily demonstrated by marking some text with header tags and telling Sigil to generate a TOC and counting the entries.
150 is about the highest I have edited
Old 12-11-2012, 06:32 AM   #13
Andy Sinden

Quote:
150 is about the highest I have edited
Loads of thanks to you all. Have finally sorted it by generating a TOC in Sigil. Hadn't realised I would need to do this as the contents page in the Calibre book reader is fine. Still don't understand why all 266 (I counted!) lines didn't originally show, but they do now, and they are in hierachies that work too!

Many thanks for all your help and comments.....................
Old 12-11-2012, 09:01 AM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Sinden View Post
Loads of thanks to you all. Have finally sorted it by generating a TOC in Sigil. Hadn't realised I would need to do this as the contents page in the Calibre book reader is fine. Still don't understand why all 266 (I counted!) lines didn't originally show, but they do now, and they are in hierachies that work too!

Many thanks for all your help and comments.....................
Now yo see why I requested and the Sigil crew included the TOC editor summary feature:

With the TOC EDITOR open: right-click on the Heading Title column header

It won't tell you which you missed/incorrectly hid, but it does give you a fast count
Old 12-11-2012, 12:13 PM   #15
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Quote:
With the TOC EDITOR open: right-click on the Heading Title column header
In my case (XP SP3): Simply placing the pointer over the heading title. Without any click.
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
contents screen, scroll contents screen, see full contents list