Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
dave maden
dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle
audio books on fire ?

is it possible to put audio books onto kindle fire HD using calibre ? thanks
dave maden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Yes, it is. It's a bit of trouble but I zip the whole audio book and then add the zipped file to Calibre. Then use FBReader or the Calibre internet url or a Calibre app to transfer it to the Kindle. You can unzip it with Es Explorer on the device.
I like Ambling BookPlayer Pro to listen to audio books - even has a sleep timer. I even paid the outrageous price for the Pro version.
Edit: Just noticed you asked about Kindle Fire HD; it should work the same as on my Kindle Fire.

Last edited by Hope; 12-02-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
IF itsd on your computer & unZipped to MP3 I use WINZIP there is also other free programs. You can Side load them to your Fire.... BTW They end up in the MUSIC File! Now Audibe Audiobooks got into your Audiobooks File & IF you download from Libraries they go into Overdrive file.... NO Fire cant read WMAs Only MP3s!

Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
dave maden
dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

ive downloaded some audiobooks and tried to put them on kindle HD using calibre , but it is an NZB file and wont convert it , is this right or im i doing something wrong , thanks
Old 12-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #5
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave maden View Post
ive downloaded some audiobooks and tried to put them on kindle HD using calibre , but it is an NZB file and wont convert it , is this right or im i doing something wrong , thanks
An nzb file is a file you use to download the set of audio files from a Usenet news service using something like EasyNews.
That's not the audio book.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:53 AM   #6
dave maden

what format should the audiobook be in ? is it mp3? and would this go straight onto kindle HD using calibre or windows media player . thanks
Old 12-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #7
dave maden

ive tried another download which is supposed to be in mp3 , but when i get it downloaded onto calibre its saying the format is ABXML and it wont send that over . please help
Old 12-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #8
Hope
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave maden View Post
ive tried another download which is supposed to be in mp3 , but when i get it downloaded onto calibre its saying the format is ABXML and it wont send that over . please help
An audio book is usually 5 to 200 or more individual mp3 files. If you select all the files in Windows and zip them into one file, that's the file you can import into Calibre.

Edit: I just now have transferred 3 audio books over to my Galaxy Tab 2 using this method. First I zipped the whole folder containing the audio book on my PC using 7zip, then I opened Calibre on my PC and clicked on the "Add Books" icon (choose one directory option) then I right-click on the book to import metadata and the book cover. Leave Calibre open and running on your PC with network server on.
I then use the Calibre Library app on my Galaxy, click on "By Newest", click on the audio book and choose "download".
The book will be downloaded into the Calibre Library folder on your device. Then use Es Explorer to navigate to the zipped audio book and right click on it choosing to extract to current path or to an audio book folder you have set up.
You need to set Calibre Library to be a server on your home network before you start all of this. It's very easy to do - just look in the Calibre Library help files. Maybe that is the problem - you have not set up the Calibre server.
You really don't need the Calibre app on your device; you can just access the books through any browser on your device by typing in the url given to you by Calibre when you set up the server.

Last edited by Hope; 12-17-2012 at 06:24 AM. Reason: further explanation
Old 12-28-2012, 04:45 PM   #9
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Any Audio ebooks you have on your computer MP3 that is you can Load into Amazon Cloud then Download them into the Fire when ever you want to listen then Return them to the Cloud Server! IF You sideload them & you want space saved you Delete You can LOSE them!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #10
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Dont forget about getting audioboks from your library using the Overdrive Media Console app.
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote