Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #436
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Walmart also injects carbon monoxide into it's packages of beef. This keeps the meat from turning brown.
Apache
But how do you know your local grocery store doesn't do the same thing?

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #437
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post

eP
My local grocery store has a real butcher shop and cuts/grinds all their meats daily. No reason to do anything to prolong the shelf life.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #438
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
Well, Office Depot was back to taking in store pickup orders today so I pulled the trigger on the Nexus 7.
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:36 PM   #439
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSue View Post
Well, Office Depot was back to taking in store pickup orders today so I pulled the trigger on the Nexus 7.
You'll like it! It's a cute little tablet. Check out the Google play store this weekend. They have a ton of apps and albums on sale. Quickoffice Pro is only .99 this weekend!!

Last edited by xendula; 11-24-2012 at 12:41 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #440
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSue View Post
Congrats! I have to wait until Tuesday for delivery of mine. Most of the stores in the area are out of stock and I don't feel like driving 10-20 miles to stores that do have them.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:20 PM   #441
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post

eP
This is done before they get to the stores. It takes specialized equipment and is usually done by the processor. Walmart's meat comes in already packaged. They do not have to have a butcher on payroll. Or the equipment in their stores.
And I agree about Sams. I will buy meat there, but not at Wally World.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #442
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I went out this evening and picked up my purple clip zip and a 32GB mico card.

The only one there was one with the adapter; SanDisk Ultra microSDHC class 10 (UHS speed class 1). I read through the reviews on Amazon and now I want to be sure that this will work before I open it. It says it comes with Android app - SanDisk Memory Zone.

Do I have to do anything to it before using it in my clip zip? My camera ones I just put in the camera or computer and it works.
Just put it in and format it; just like your camera. I bought several of that same exact card at Costco yesterday for use in my Clip Zip and Galaxy Player.

As to the app, it has nothing to do with using your Clip Zip. It's for use in Android devices. I have it on my Galaxy Player and it keeps track of how much free and total storage I have on my device and in my cloud accounts. It's a cool app.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #443
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I was worried because of the reviews saying it wouldn't format, it ran hot, it died, etc.. I'll give it a try later.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
*sending quality bananas to helpful monkey*
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:34 PM   #444
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Do Bananas help with Acid Reflux?
Yes I discover this by accident but they really do. I know some people say it can do the opposite but for me I have found tremendous relief by eating one a day plus my Proton Pump Inhibitor pills.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:41 PM   #445
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
This is done before they get to the stores. It takes specialized equipment and is usually done by the processor. Walmart's meat comes in already packaged. They do not have to have a butcher on payroll. Or the equipment in their stores.
And I agree about Sams. I will buy meat there, but not at Wally World.
Apache
That isn't the reason I don't buy meat from them. It's usually brown by the time you get it home and smells horrible. There's a whole thread on our town forum about it. Ingles has good fresh quality meat and never had it spoil within days of buying it.

Heading to WalMart today. Got to do some gift shopping. No electronics just toys, clothes and a few children's books. I am excited!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:02 PM   #446
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Just put it in and format it; just like your camera. I bought several of that same exact card at Costco yesterday for use in my Clip Zip and Galaxy Player.

As to the app, it has nothing to do with using your Clip Zip. It's for use in Android devices. I have it on my Galaxy Player and it keeps track of how much free and total storage I have on my device and in my cloud accounts. It's a cool app.
Is class 4 or 10 really any better? Is it worth the cost?

You have a Galaxy Player? Which one? I am getting a 5" today or Monday. Is an older Android a bad thing like an older Apple or Windows software?
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #447
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yes I discover this by accident but they really do. I know some people say it can do the opposite but for me I have found tremendous relief by eating one a day plus my Proton Pump Inhibitor pills.
Apples are suppose to help too. They help me. I can do Zantac, but not Prilosec, Nexium, etc. Don't know the difference, but they won't work for me. But apples make a huge difference for me.
S
Wow, this thread sure has gone many different ways!!! Love it!
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #448
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Thanks
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #449
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Apples are suppose to help too. They help me. I can do Zantac, but not Prilosec, Nexium, etc. Don't know the difference, but they won't work for me. But apples make a huge difference for me.
S
Wow, this thread sure has gone many different ways!!! Love it!
Thanks
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #450
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Is class 4 or 10 really any better? Is it worth the cost?
The higher speed classes, like class 10, are important for video cameras, etc., that make large files quickly. They can be helpful with still cameras in terms of being ready for a second shot, if your camera can take advantage of it. It would usually say so in the documentation.

It's not a factor for MP3 playback or an ereader, as far as I've ever seen.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote