Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
JanH
JanH began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
1st Generation Kindle Fire contact Amazon

Hi,
I've. Just had a very long conversation with Kindle support in the US and they have said that if enough people contact them they will have to look at a software upgrade. This is why I am sending this message. Please support this, thank you
JanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Software upgrade for what issue?
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:11 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Other than a few bugs the KFv1 works fine. I'd love to have the cover issue fixed but then so would those with the new KFHD.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #4
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH View Post
Hi,
I've. Just had a very long conversation with Kindle support in the US and they have said that if enough people contact them they will have to look at a software upgrade. This is why I am sending this message. Please support this, thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Other than a few bugs the KFv1 works fine. I'd love to have the cover issue fixed but then so would those with the new KFHD.
Just my guess, but I think that probably the idea is to encourage Amazon to upgrade the 1st Gen Fire's OS to Android 4.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Just my guess, but I think that probably the idea is to encourage Amazon to upgrade the 1st Gen Fire's OS to Android 4.

Ick! I hope that doesn't happen. You can pay $159 and get the upgraded Kindle Fire. I like my Gingerbread. I don't want Android 4. It would probably run as slow as molasses on the KFv1.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I agree, my Fire 1 is fine just as it is. I have GoLauncher on it and don't even need to go to the Carousel for anything. I like reading on it in the aldiko or Mantano lite apps.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #7
jswinden
Nameless Being

Looks like the OP has abandoned the thread. I wonder if she just meant that she wants to garner support for asking Amazon to continue to offer the occasional upgrades to the original Fire. Even the K3 still gets an occasional upgrade. If she wants the original to get the upgrades of the Fire HD then no way that will happen, but occasional bug fixes and minor enhancements might happen as long as Amazon keeps selling them.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #8
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I would be okay with them just changing out the UI with the new one. They won't fix the cover issue. It's just a really crappy piece of hardware which doesn't work well period. The charging driver has issues too, which is why the ICS/JB ROMs at XDA are still unstable.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:49 AM   #9
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
I, for one, would like the possibility to use the European appstire on the older fire model, but it is not a big issue.

fter all, the US appstore now also accepts European credit cards, so I no longer have to switch between addresses when I want to buy an app.

Regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:48 PM   #10
JanH
JanH began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Unfortunately that's not the case in the Uk. I've not abandoned this but the comments I am getting are very useful but I have noticed of the posts are from the US where you wouldn't experience the problem we have in the Uk. Its very frustrating to pay all that money and not have a fully functioning machine.
JanH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
us kindle fire in the uk