Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-03-2012, 04:59 PM   #31
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlewis78 View Post
I use Helvetica on my KFHD, but I'm reading much more on my K4B (sans-serif), because the fonts on my fire are very thin.
The KFv1 isn't like that. The fonts are nice. Lots of Sans Serifs to choose from. Arial, Trebuchet and Verdana.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-03-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:24 PM   #32
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
One word Mantano.

I grabbed a copy from KF and working on making it a tad bolder because other apps render it too thin unlike Kindle app on the Fire.

Try converting the book to AZW3. You will have to sideload it not email it to the KFHD but it should keep the font size.
Can you tell me the differences of why AZW3 and why sideload? I did sideload the one book that the fonts size didn't recognize, but it was MOBI.

Do you copy the metadata.opf along with the book and jpg?

Where did you download Mantano and was it $7? Why couldn't you use that on the Fire HD too? Maybe it doesn't work for the Fire HD, as I was reading Amazon and someone said it didn't work on the Fire HD.

Thanks Blossom.

Last edited by new; 11-04-2012 at 04:31 PM.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:23 AM   #33
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Can you tell me the differences of why AZW3 and why sideload? I did sideload the one book that the fonts size didn't recognize, but it was MOBI.

Do you copy the metadata.opf along with the book and mpeg?

Where did you download Mantano and was it $7? Why couldn't you use that on the Fire HD too? Maybe it doesn't work for the Fire HD, as I was reading Amazon and someone said it didn't work on the Fire HD.

Thanks Blossom.
No just copy the book.

AZW3 is like epub. It's KF8 format so its settings wont be overwritten like a mobi file is, Sideloaded because KF8 isn't supported through the personal documents service.

Mantano works fine on the HD. The newer versions is just buggy. I paid $5 for it when it was on sale. It must be sideloaded though. Amazon wont let you install it from the app store. It's a whole competition thing. You can buy it from SlideME or use another device to get it from the app store using like an Android cell phone.

Mantano is one of the best epub eReader apps out there. It has collections and everything you could want in a epub app. It's totally customizable.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-04-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #34
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No just copy the book.

AZW3 is like epub. It's KF8 format so its settings wont be overwritten like a mobi file is, Sideloaded because KF8 isn't supported through the personal documents service.

Mantano works fine on the HD. The newer versions is just buggy. I paid $5 for it when it was on sale. It must be sideloaded though. Amazon wont let you install it from the app store. It's a whole competition thing. You can buy it from SlideME or use another device to get it from the app store using like an Android cell phone.

Mantano is one of the best epub eReader apps out there. It has collections and everything you could want in a epub app. It's totally customizable.
Thanks Blossom. I see the latest version is at Amazon App store, but it says it is not for Kindle Fire HD. If you buy an app from Amazon and it says it is not compatible does that mean no returns?

If this works for changing fonts couldn't you have used this for a new KFHD? Just wondered. You are so helpful with the Fire I will be sorry to see you go to another toy.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #35
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I put the free version, Mantano Lite, on my Fire this morning, via Getjar I think. Very nice. Don't see how to change fonts or background color. Is that only available in the paid app?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #36
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I don't know about the free version but on the paid you edit the theme to change those settings. You can change colors, font, line spacing and margins.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #37
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Thanks Blossom. I see the latest version is at Amazon App store, but it says it is not for Kindle Fire HD. If you buy an app from Amazon and it says it is not compatible does that mean no returns?

If this works for changing fonts couldn't you have used this for a new KFHD? Just wondered. You are so helpful with the Fire I will be sorry to see you go to another toy.
I've never returned an app so I don't know. Mantano doesn't change fonts but you can use any custom font with the app to read the epub with. It wont work on the default reader app.

I cant see buying another Fire when I have one that works how I want it.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #38
new

Quote:
I've never returned an app so I don't know. Mantano doesn't change fonts but you can use any custom font with the app to read the epub with. It wont work on the default reader app.

I cant see buying another Fire when I have one that works how I want it.
Ok thanks Blossom. I downloaded Mantano premium from Amazon App and it did not download. So I am requesting a refund.

Don't do this. I read on Mobileread someone had downloaded an app that said does not work on Kindle Fire HD and it worked. Mine did not.

I downloaded Wi-fi pro. I hope that one works. It did download. I just want easier ways to get my "stuff".
Old 11-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #39
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Ok thanks Blossom. I downloaded Mantano premium from Amazon App and it did not download. So I am requesting a refund.

Don't do this. I read on Mobileread someone had downloaded an app that said does not work on Kindle Fire HD and it worked. Mine did not.

I downloaded Wi-fi pro. I hope that one works. It did download. I just want easier ways to get my "stuff".
Mantano does work on the Kindle Fire HD. You just got to sideload it. I got mine from my phone and now I have the SGP 5.0 I can grab apps from it to sideload on the Kindle Fire if need be. The only reason they don't want it on the Kindle Fire is because it's competition. The only book app I've seen allowed on the Kindle Fire through the Amazon App store is the Overdrive Media Console. So if you want to put the Nook app on there you can. Just grab it from 1Mobile.

If you have access to Google Play the $2.99 version is well worth the price. It does everything you need it to do.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-05-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:32 PM   #40
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Repeating myself....sigh...a sign of getting old.

Last edited by booklover6; 11-05-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #41
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I (just yesterday) went into the Getjar app on my Fire 1 and downloaded Mantano Lite and installed it. I couldn't get it to work via 1mobile. I really like the app, though it doesn't have the "themes" feature of the paid version. I'm not sure if you can get the paid version through getjar.
SlideMe sells the paid version but if you have another Android device you can just grab it from Google Play or Amazon then use ES File Explorer to back it up to apk and sideload it to the Fire.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-05-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:39 PM   #42
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

I'm probably going to get an Android phone....AT&T GoPhone has a $25 a month plan. I have an android Nook Color, also...but I tried getting a paid game from that onto the Fire, and totally failed. So I doubt if I could do it with any app lol.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #43
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

The 1Mobile downloads fine for me. Just click the arrow next to Install and choose PC. This free version does allow themes. The lite version does not.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #44
new

Quote:
Mantano does work on the Kindle Fire HD. You just got to sideload it. I got mine from my phone and now I have the SGP 5.0 I can grab apps from it to sideload on the Kindle Fire if need be. The only reason they don't want it on the Kindle Fire is because it's competition. The only book app I've seen allowed on the Kindle Fire through the Amazon App store is the Overdrive Media Console. So if you want to put the Nook app on there you can. Just grab it from 1Mobile.

If you have access to Google Play the $2.99 version is well worth the price. It does everything you need it to do.
I don't have access to the Google Play, I only have the Kindle Fire HD.

I tried 1Mobile I think and it said I had to sign on for the Mantano. What do you mean the Nook App?
Old 11-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #45
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

On 1Mobile just click the arrow by the install button and choose PC. You want the Free version not the lite.

Nook has it's own app. You can install it on the KF.