Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 10-09-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
ebmr
Zealot
ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: none
Firmware Unpacker

Here is a bash script that unpacks firmware update .package files, extracting the updater tar archive and all images that it might contain to your computer's /tmp directory.

Have fun.
Attached Files
File Type: zip unpackage.zip (7.6 KB, 446 views)

Last edited by ebmr; 10-30-2012 at 02:47 PM. Reason: support for Russian .packages
ebmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:01 AM   #2
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
See my package/repackage tools.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:15 AM   #3
ebmr
Zealot
ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
See my package/repackage tools.
I couldn't wait that long.

Joking aside, I learned a lot while making it so I'm not sad about the time I've spent.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #4
ebmr
Zealot

I've updated the unpacker (first posting). It now handles both Sony and porkupan .packages.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #5
ebmr
Zealot

I've updated the unpacker (first posting). It handles both US and EU .packages now, and there is a test only option (-t).
Old 10-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #6
ebmr
Zealot

I've updated the unpacker (first posting). It checks the checksum and signature of the images now, and reports the update version.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #7
ebmr
Zealot

I've updated the unpacker (first posting). It also handles Russian .packages now.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:38 AM   #8
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
dear developers,
I apologize but cannot understand if this unpacker can be used to backup my image( kinda norton ghost or DD in linux) or if it is something different.
as there is not too much activity in the forum I would ask this question to satisfy my curiosity and increase my marginal utility.
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:52 PM   #9
ebmr
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by trocchietto View Post
I apologize but cannot understand if this unpacker can be used to backup my image( kinda norton ghost or DD in linux)
No.

It unpacks the T2 firmware updates for examination.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:46 AM   #10
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmr View Post
No.

It unpacks the T2 firmware updates for examination.
thanks
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote