Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-20-2012, 10:00 AM   #2716
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
With NiLuJe's latest font hack over Kindle Keyboard 3.4 FW, I have finally said goodbye to my beloved Georgia2 fonts. The new ones are just so much darker and crisper, that I can't justify holding onto my favorite font, which, to be honest, I can hardly differentiate from Droid anyway.

Thanks again!
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:30 PM   #2717
harpangel36
Connoisseur
harpangel36 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Help with Uninstall Please?

I have a KK (B008) updated to version 3.3 with screensaver hack installed. I want to remove the hack and restore to factory settings to sell. I am unsure of how to do it. There are so many threads here I got lost. Could someone provide me with instructions or the link with how to do it? Thanks so much!!
harpangel36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #2718
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Use the latest uninstaller from the same archive you downloaded the hacks from. After that, remove the jailbreak, then reset to factory settings.
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:58 PM   #2719
harpangel36
Connoisseur

I have no idea what archive I downloaded the hack from, that seems to be my issue. Old brain, old memory.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:49 AM   #2720
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpangel36 View Post
I have no idea what archive I downloaded the hack from, that seems to be my issue. Old brain, old memory.
No problem. using the new uninstallers is better anyways. Just download the jailbreak and screensaver again, but use the .bin files that say uninstall. Remove the screensaver hack first, then the jailbreak.
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:26 AM   #2721
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quick notice that I updated the kindle-x-compile-tc.tar.gz tarball with the latest changes needed for the K5 USBNet port .

That also means that K4/K5 users that just wanted to get their hands on the binaries now won't have to unpack a .bin anymore, the src folder in the K5 package contains the K4/K5 binaries .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-21-2012 at 11:30 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:27 AM   #2722
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
You must spread some Reputation around

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Quick notice that I updated the kindle-x-compile-tc.tar.gz tarball with the latest changes needed for the K5 USBNet port .

That also means that K4/K5 users that just wanted to get their hands on the binaries now won't have to unpack a .bin anymore, the src folder in the K5 package contains the K4/K5 binaries .
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to NiLuJe again.

BAH. hero
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:53 PM   #2723
waterlubber
hobbyist
waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle 4 NT (Non-Touch)
O.K, how do I get SSH over WI-FI (I am quite sick of the Diags...)
waterlubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:07 PM   #2724
waterlubber
hobbyist
waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle 4 NT (Non-Touch)
How do I change the font? Like, do I have to do it from the computer or kindle?
waterlubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #2725
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@waterlubber: By actually reading the docs, for starters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by usbnet/etc/config
# Allow SSH over WiFi
# NOTE: If you set this to true, the SSHD *WILL* check your passwords!
# Make sure you know your root password, or auth via shared keys!
# Leave it to false on non-WiFi devices
K3_WIFI="false"
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
If you want to change the fonts used by the hack, you'll have to upload them in the linkfonts/fonts directory, strictly following the usual naming scheme. (Type_Style.ttf) (for details on where each font is used, please see this post). The default fonts installed by the hack are the usual non-cjk unicode fonts (Droid Sans, Droid Serif & DejaVu Sans Mono), with the addition of the CJK-aware Droid Fallback if you're on FW 3.x or 4.x. You'll find a bunch of other prepackaged, ready to use, font sets here, and in the next few replies.

You'll have to restart your Kindle in order to properly take your new fonts into account.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:17 PM   #2726
harpangel36
Connoisseur

Kindle Paperwhite Jailbreak for SS?

Do I have to download and install the jailbreak for my Paperwhite if I only want the SS hack? I don't remember doing a jailbreak on my KK for my SS
Old 10-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #2727
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpangel36 View Post
Do I have to download and install the jailbreak for my Paperwhite if I only want the SS hack? I don't remember doing a jailbreak on my KK for my SS
There have been SS hacks that did not require the jailbreak, others that do, so short answer: Maybe.

What SS hack for the Paperwhite are you asking about (link please)?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:44 AM   #2728
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@harpangel36: No SS hack on the PW (yet). And wrong thread, this one concerns non-touch devices.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:50 PM   #2729
omegauo
omegauo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I'm using a Kindle 3 Keyboard Wi-Fi, and just applied the 0.11.N jailbreak, and special offers just appeared.

This isn't a special offers kindle, and before I jail broke it I had registered it successfully and no offers appeared.

This is kinda awkward as I was trying to hack the screensavers to customize them because I'm giving the kindle as a gift, and having it turn into a special offers version not only defeats the purpose, but is kinda awkward

And yes, the anniversary is tomm night. Any suggestions?

Thanks
omegauo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:02 PM   #2730
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@omegauo: Unrelated issue. The jailbreak itself is at its essence a single file, nothing to do with the SO.

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet