Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-18-2012, 05:32 AM   #16
Tintin
Enthusiast
Tintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo
No update yet via wifi or desktop! I'm in UK. If I attempt a manual update, is there a quick how-to guide on the forums here?
Tintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:08 AM   #17
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Initial tests show that the reboot while reading an SD card based book bug has been fixed.

The annotation selection cursor bugs are still there.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:20 AM   #18
Big Mack
Enthusiast
Big Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of light

Device: iPod Touch 4; iPhone 4; Kobo Touch; Kobo Glo
it looks like this release took care of the spontaneous reboots for me as well. i read my sideloaded epubs from the sd card. even if this is the main bug fix for this, kudos to the developers (and thanks to all the testers) in getting this out quickly.
Big Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:01 AM   #19
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
No update yet via wifi or desktop! I'm in UK. If I attempt a manual update, is there a quick how-to guide on the forums here?
It's in the handy-dandy firmware link thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...81&postcount=3
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:25 AM   #20
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasofruix View Post
I'm still stuck on 2.0.0, bought mine in Belgium.
Who sells them in Belgium??? Fnac? I only saw Kobo mini, wanted to see Glo in person but couldn't find it anywhere.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:30 AM   #21
Glasofruix
Enthusiast
Glasofruix began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Yeah, got my KT at Fnac for 99€, just before they upped the price for 115€ (got to ask the guy to get me one from "behind the counter" before they applied the new stickers). I asked them about Glo, they've told me that they don't know if they'ill even get some.
Glasofruix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:36 AM   #22
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasofruix View Post
Yeah, got my KT at Fnac for 99€, just before they upped the price for 115€ (got to ask the guy to get me one from "behind the counter" before they applied the new stickers). I asked them about Glo, they've told me that they don't know if they'ill even get some.
verdomme...

Thanks! Brussels by the way? I hear Glo will be available around October 23. I don't even know where I heard it. I just want to see lighted screen in person.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #23
Glasofruix
Enthusiast
Glasofruix began at the beginning.

Nope, Liège
Glasofruix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:43 AM   #24
mconh
Connoisseur
mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, AuraHD, AuraH20
Quote:
Originally Posted by met67 View Post
Anybody got a link to download 2.1.5 for Kobo Glo?

http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...date-2.1.5.zip

"Originally Posted by mdclements View Post
NO. This is not supported for Kobo Glo and will damage your device."
Thank you. Sorry for my posting error.

Last edited by mconh; 10-18-2012 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Information does not apply to Glo devices
mconh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:48 AM   #25
mdclements
Kobo Developer
mdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single book

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mconh View Post
NO. This is not supported for Kobo Glo and will damage your device.
mdclements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:50 AM   #26
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Thank you Matt.. I was just about to post something similar
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:59 AM   #27
mconh
Connoisseur
mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, AuraHD, AuraH20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdclements View Post
mconh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:26 AM   #28
echwel
Connoisseur
echwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Forma (sold), Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mconh View Post
Maybe you could add a comment to the original post?
echwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #29
fedcod
fedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Pocketbook 623
I can confirm that !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdclements View Post
fedcod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #30
mapline
Enthusiast
mapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the end

Hi mconh

Is this download for the KT which I have?
http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...date-2.1.5.zip
mapline is offline   Reply With Quote