Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 08-09-2012, 11:22 PM   #16
pssquirrel
ebooknut
pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Sousa View Post
We're working on a revision to Source Sans Pro that will fix this and other issues, and we'll post it on SourceForge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/sourcesans.adobe/files/) as soon as it's ready.

Thanks,
Miguel Sousa
Team Lead
Type Development
Adobe Systems Incorporated
Just wanted to say thanks for the great new font. I'm really liking it. Looking forward to the revision.
pssquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #17
Miguel Sousa
Miguel Sousa knows what time it isMiguel Sousa knows what time it isMiguel Sousa knows what time it isMiguel Sousa knows what time it isMiguel Sousa knows what time it isMiguel Sousa knows what time it isMiguel Sousa knows what time it isMiguel Sousa knows what time it isMiguel Sousa knows what time it isMiguel Sousa knows what time it isMiguel Sousa knows what time it is

Device: none
Thanks for addressing my request.
We should be able to announce the new version within the next two weeks. I'll certainly try to remember to post here and let you know. You can also subscribe to the project on SourceForge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/sourcesans.adobe/) to receive update notifications.
Miguel Sousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #18
Miguel Sousa
Miguel Sousa knows what time it isMiguel Sousa knows what time it isMiguel Sousa knows what time it isMiguel Sousa knows what time it isMiguel Sousa knows what time it isMiguel Sousa knows what time it isMiguel Sousa knows what time it isMiguel Sousa knows what time it isMiguel Sousa knows what time it isMiguel Sousa knows what time it isMiguel Sousa knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by pssquirrel View Post
Just wanted to say thanks for the great new font. I'm really liking it. Looking forward to the revision.
Your're welcome.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Thanks for addressing my request.
We should be able to announce the new version within the next two weeks. I'll certainly try to remember to post here and let you know. You can also subscribe to the project on SourceForge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/sourcesans.adobe/) to receive update notifications.
Is there any chance you may be doing a free serif font of good quality? Sans-serif is not a good body font.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:06 PM   #20
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
This is a perfect example of why it never ever pays to rely on Adobe. While Mr. Sousa was perfectly polite, his response was a classic. Instead of, "OK: you are outside the license, but here is a license to distribute the working font you managed to create," Adobe's fix is to withdraw the font and tell everyone to wait a couple of weeks.

For an open source font!!

Not showing a whole lot of thought for their consumers are they?
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:10 AM   #21
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
No.. he did suggest that distribution COULD happen under a different font name...
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:08 AM   #22
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I know I didn't feel put out at all. It was a reasonable request: change the name or remove the link. I'm terrible with coming up with names (plus I'm not interested in creating a new font—or violating the license), so I chose the latter.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #23
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I know I didn't feel put out at all. It was a reasonable request: change the name or remove the link. I'm terrible with coming up with names (plus I'm not interested in creating a new font—or violating the license), so I chose the latter.
Me, too. Two or three weeks isn't too long to wait to avoid confusion by creating an interim release with a mangled name like SrcSansPro. I release that name to anybody who wants to go to the trouble of regenerating all twelve files. Uhmm, no I don't. Make up your own d**n name.

Creating a font, let alone a font family, is a whole lot of work. If anybody wants to reserve the name for it to themselves while still releasing the source files for any and all use and abuse, I think we pay a very small price for their work. Thanks, Adobe.

Last edited by pholy; 08-11-2012 at 09:46 PM.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #24
Miguel Sousa

Gentlemen, the new revision is now available https://blogs.adobe.com/typblography...on-github.html

@slm: The Open Font License (OFL) was developed by SIL and is regarded as the one that provides the best balance of options for both the font producer and the font consumer.
The font's name is something that is reserved under other open source font licenses, such as the one that applies to Bitstream Vera for example.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:18 PM   #25
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Gentlemen, the new revision is now available
Cool !
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:18 PM   #26
pssquirrel
ebooknut
pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & Oasis
Quote:
Gentlemen, the new revision is now available https://blogs.adobe.com/typblography...on-github.html
The new revised fonts work great! Thank you!

Last edited by pssquirrel; 08-25-2012 at 10:08 PM.
pssquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:58 AM   #27
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Thanks, Miguel. New version, and moved to github, all in a bit more than a week. Very impressive.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote