Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-14-2012, 05:52 AM   #1
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
i62HD Hack: forcing hyphenation into cr3 internal folder

After a lot of messing with CMakeList.txt wrong files, rake stupidity random behavior and some other bugs in CoolReader source code (duplicate symbols), I've successfully built open source stuff. I wonder how developers can compile their code.

It seems Onyx CoolReader hyphenation part is not finished. It has some things done but others are not finished. For example, for hyphenation files CR only search in internal /usr/share folder but not in external /media/flash (internal disk)... And it is locked into Russian hyphenation.

With this hack, CR searches for hyphenation files in /media/flash/cr3/hyph. However, it searches for two fixed files: esSOLSTICIO.pdb and esSOLSTICIO.pattern instead of Russian ones. Doing a dynamic hyphenation load for each language (as it seems is done by FBReader) exceeds my desired a long way. That's labour of Onyx.

Steps to install this hack:
1.- Get your PDB or pattern hyphenation files.
2.- Rename into esSOLSTICIO.pdb or esSOLSTICIO.pattern. Letter case is enabled.
3.- Put one of them into cr3/hyph folder in internal BOOX disk.
4.- create a folder in microSD called /apps/cr.
5.- Expand my files there:
/apps/cr/cr3new
/apps/cr/install_cr3.oar
/apps/cr/remove_cr3.oar
6.- Once microSD into device, exec install_cr3.oar. cr3new will dissapear and appear cr3. Conserve this file because it is original cr3 file. To remove this hack, execute remove_cr3.oar, that will put cr3 into its place.

Of course, no warranty, etc..
Attached Files
File Type: zip cr.zip (1.98 MB, 259 views)

Last edited by rfog; 08-14-2012 at 06:00 AM.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:02 AM   #2
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Thank you very much.

We needed something like this to properly manage the separation of words with the CoolReader.

Developers take note of Onyx.
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote