Old 07-28-2012, 10:55 PM   #1
pportnawak
pportnawak began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Angry cannot open a book after upgrading from 5.1.0 to 5.1.2 - duokan kindle

HELP !

Hello,

can someone help me on this?

I upgraded my KT from firmware 5.1.0 to 5.1.2 with the bin from amazon.

From this time I cannot open any book : purchased or not mobi or pdf.
It said that "I cannot open this book: it this a amazon book .. blahblah ..."

thank you

the KT became an useless thing after this update.

is downgrading possible or is there a fix?

THANK YOU

Last edited by pportnawak; 07-29-2012 at 09:46 AM.
pportnawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:19 PM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pportnawak View Post
HELP !

Hello,

can someone help me on this?

I upgraded y KT from firmware 5.1.0 to 5.1.2 with the bin from amazon.

From this time I cannot open any book : purchased or not mobi or pdf.
It said that "I cannot open this book: it this a amazon book .. blahblah ..."

thank you

the KT became an useless thing after this update.

is downgrading possible or is there a fix?

THANK YOU
This is the first report of this problem that I am aware of. No fix yet. You can downgrade using the "simple debricking" method in the dev corner sticky thread.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:05 AM   #3
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Probable fix: reboot the device.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:53 AM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Probable fix: reboot the device.
That is the obvious first fix for most tech devices. But I guess we need to say it anyway. I would avoid the SECOND standard method of fixing misbehaving devices (giving them a good solid whack) because that could easily damage the eink screen.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:57 AM   #5
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
That is the obvious first fix for most tech devices. But I guess we need to say it anyway. I would avoid the SECOND standard method of fixing misbehaving devices (giving them a good solid whack) because that could easily damage the eink screen.

My suggestion was meant seriously though. I have also seen this happening (couldn't open anything, same message as the OP stated), and restarting the device fixed it.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:28 AM   #6
pportnawak

i already tried it. twice.

I wanted to do 2 things with this post :

- warn other people

- get a fix without having to donwgrading by erasing everything on my kindle.

thank for taking time reading and answering
Old 07-29-2012, 08:38 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
i already tried it. twice.

I wanted to do 2 things with this post :

- warn other people

- get a fix without having to donwgrading by erasing everything on my kindle.

thank for taking time reading and answering
What do Kindle Customer Service say about it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:44 AM   #8
pportnawak

I didn't ask the Amazon support team.

After reading the answer of a reboot. ... I just realised that i had duokan installed on my kindle.
I deleted it and restarted.
I can now open all my books without having to reformat everything.
I copied the folders of duokan back and evrything is back in order.

Thank for the hint geekmaster and ixtab ... i overlooked the dual boot. Sorry about that.

SOLVED.

Last edited by pportnawak; 07-29-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #9
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
I didn't ask the Amazon support team.

After reading the answer of a reboot. ... I just realised that i had duokan installed on my kindle.
I deleted it and restarted.
I can now open all my books without having to reformat everything.
I copied the folders of duokan back and evrything is back in order.

Thank for the hint geekmaster and ixtab ... i overlooked the dual boot. Sorry about that.

SOLVED.
Gee, that's something easy to forget that you've done to your Kindle. Oops I had installed an alternative interface to dual boot to but I totally forgot and blamed Amazon's firmware for my problems.
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.1.2, firmware, kindle touch, troubleshooting, update