Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-08-2012, 09:58 AM   #226
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
Bad Habit of not giving details...
If I add any items to the extensions folder, they don't show up. I've rebooted multiple times. There are about 10 extensions that don't show up, so it can't be a config.xml or menu.json problem.
I had a similar problem when I upgraded to 5.1.0. To fix it, I uninstalled the old gui launcher and installed the new one recommended for 5.1.0. Are you using the "5.1.0 compatible" gui launcher?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:58 AM   #227
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I had a similar problem when I upgraded to 5.1.0. To fix it, I uninstalled the old gui launcher and installed the new one recommended for 5.1.0. Are you using the "5.1.0 compatible" gui launcher?
Yes, it was working fine this morning (for me, it's 7:30 PM), when I added JoppyTerm
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #228
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Yes, it was working fine this morning (for me, it's 7:30 PM), when I added JoppyTerm
Does JoppyTerm have its own GUI launcher config, or did you create it? I wonder if it overwrote something...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:24 AM   #229
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Does JoppyTerm have its own GUI launcher config, or did you create it? I wonder if it overwrote something...
Created my own, but I didn't do anything strange...
Old 07-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #230
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
i think i am using the 5.1.x launcher as older extensions still appear and work.but extensions like kingo and komic(imagegallery works) dont appear but they work for other people.
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #231
aditya3098
Guru

Reinstalled Launcher, still the same result
Old 07-08-2012, 11:16 AM   #232
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Please provide relevant output from "showlog"
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:39 AM   #233
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Reinstalled Launcher, still the same result
Once a while I also had such a difficulty (on 5.0.4) and unfortunately fixed this problem by reseting it to factory default
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:52 PM   #234
aditya3098
Guru

Okay, after a reset, it works.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:10 PM   #235
mmatej
Connoisseur
mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.

Device: none
I was wondering...is there any way to show launcher menu by executing command or sending lipc event? I can't find it documented anywhere.
mmatej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #236
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmatej View Post
I was wondering...is there any way to show launcher menu by executing command or sending lipc event? I can't find it documented anywhere.
Nope. The GUI Launcher is deeply "embedded" inside the Java UI of creating the menu structure. Sorry.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #237
mmatej
Connoisseur
mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Nope. The GUI Launcher is deeply "embedded" inside the Java UI of creating the menu structure. Sorry.
I wanted to create run launcher on home-hold, so that's not good. Maybe I will figure out another method.
mmatej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:46 AM   #238
ixtab
(offline)

Version 1.2.2

This version fixes an issue where the Launcher item would be disabled (grayed out) when TTS is enabled. Now the Launcher item can't be disabled anymore
Attached Files
File Type: zip launcher_1.2.2.zip (42.8 KB, 5707 views)
Old 07-28-2012, 11:48 PM   #239
jmseight
Zealot
jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3G, Kindle Touch 3G, iRiver Story HD, Sony Reader
Hi,

I downloaded v 1.2.2, unzipped "update_launcher_1.2.2_install.bin" and put it into the root dir and updated, but got Update failed.

Do I need to uninstall first?

Thanks,
James
jmseight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #240
jmseight
Zealot
jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3G, Kindle Touch 3G, iRiver Story HD, Sony Reader
Hi,

Even though it said failed, but it actually did work - Launcher was not greyed out when TTS was activated. Is there something to worry about?

Thanks,
James
jmseight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch hacks