Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 07-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
GBAV
GBAV began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300
How to make scanned comics readable on small-screen devices

[Deleted]

Last edited by GBAV; 07-25-2012 at 03:10 PM.
GBAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
Instead of cutting up the pages into little pieces, how about you just scroll, pan and zoom, like it's been done since the good old PDA days? Doing it automatically may fragment a few dialogue bubbles along the way, forcing you to go back and forth between images. Not a very good experience, unless it's an old comic or something like Watchmen, where all the scenes have a fixed or semi-fixed size on the page (link).

By the way, CBR/CBZ are just RAR and ZIP archives. That's what the "R" and "Z" stand for. And if your e-reader doesn't support them, it most certainly supports JPG, PNG, etc. Just extract the images and copy them to your e-reader.

Last edited by DSpider; 07-16-2012 at 04:03 PM.
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote